My B7100 Rear Tool/Other box on ROPS No Holes

TerryKing

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Hi Everyone. What I did from plywood I had lying around..
RearBox-PaintedReady2Go-13.JPG

Kept looking at the space on top of the ROPS frame. How can I do this in one piece to drop ON there??

RearBox-FirstTry-01.JPG

THAT works, but have to tilt it to get it in place.. Hmmmmm... And the ROPS is curved there..

RearBox-DadoCuts-02.JPG

PoorMan's DADO with multiCuts with radial arm saw... Now how to make it a BOX??

RearBox-VerticalParts1-03.JPG

OK add vertical sections. Base is 8" wide, ROPS is 2" so 2 pieces 3"?? UhOh the ROPS curve bulges a little to 2-1/4. So 2 pieces 2-7/8" We'll pull them in tight later. BUT does it still just drop in place??
RearBox-JustFits-05.JPG

OK JUST Fits. Now for some SIDES:

RearBox-JustFits2-09.JPG

I happened to know a TractorSupply Ammo box is 6-1/4 wide.. All the joints were glued with thickened West System Epoxy. Now to add a cleat to keep the ammo box from sliding around and a center partition so the right side can hold (stuff) like chains etc etc.
---( still under construction )---

RearBox-AmmoBox-10.JPG

JUST enough room to open the box without taking it out.. And if you then pull it up a bit it will stay OPEN without falling on your %^&* HAND! And there's room on the right for STUFF like chains, whatever...

RearBox-RoomForStuff-12.JPG

Now the vertical ends are pulled in tight with a big woodworking clamp, and End pieces are screwed (not glued) in place so the whole thing can be removed in needed.
RearBox-TightEnds-11.JPG

I see there are small Gaps along the ROPS frame. I added silicone caulk (could be removed if needed).

RearBox-BottomView-15.JPG

A quick look at the bottom. Sits on the horizontal parts of the ROPS. The hazard lights were partially blocked by the ROPS, so I moved them to the nice angle bracket on the ROPS. You can (with difficulty) unplug the inline electrical connector, move the lights to the ROPS bracket and reconnect. Wish I could show you the Blinkin Video..

OK, ready to roll like in the first photo. I MIGHT make a dimensioned diagram from my scratch version..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users