Mx6000

emac

Equipment
L3600, ZD1211, ZG20, ZD331, KX-057-4, MX6000
Sep 13, 2021
SC
For several weeks I have been reading everything I can about new Kubota tractors. I have a lot of kubota stuff, but I have only owned two tractors. An old L2350 then went to a L3600 a number of years ago. Its been a great tractor and we have really beat it hard. Decided I wanted a cab.

I narrowed it down to the MX6000, L6060, and M6060. For my use the M6060 was too big. The L had too many bells and whistles, and I was a bit nervous about the advanced transmission. They delivered the Mx6000 with a 72" grapple, toothed bucket, and a nice box blade. We ran it a couple of hours today, and I think I made the right choice. Compared to my old L3600, it is a Cadilac! Very comfy, powerful, and the power steering is way better. Need a grill gaurd and maybe a hydraulic toplink. I guess they have made some improvements over the last 25 years. Def an upgrade.

Reactions: 6 users

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Welcome. The 6000 is a great tractor. There are a few of us here with them, one member has over 2000 hrs and hasn’t posted any problems.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
For several weeks I have been reading everything I can about new Kubota tractors. I have a lot of kubota stuff, but I have only owned two tractors. An old L2350 then went to a L3600 a number of years ago. Its been a great tractor and we have really beat it hard. Decided I wanted a cab.

I narrowed it down to the MX6000, L6060, and M6060. For my use the M6060 was too big. The L had too many bells and whistles, and I was a bit nervous about the advanced transmission. They delivered the Mx6000 with a 72" grapple, toothed bucket, and a nice box blade. We ran it a couple of hours today, and I think I made the right choice. Compared to my old L3600, it is a Cadilac! Very comfy, powerful, and the power steering is way better. Need a grill gaurd and maybe a hydraulic toplink. I guess they have made some improvements over the last 25 years. Def an upgrade.
Yeah, congratulations on the MX6000HSTC and welcome. I have two of the tractors on your short list and you can't go wrong with an MX, and particularly the cab model for all-weather use. I thought about the L6060 but chose the MX for some of the reasons you mention. The MX puts the emphasis on utility, but there are some nice upgrades such as the Grammer air ride seat that make it very comfortable, and it's a very competent all-around tractor. I find the power on my hilly property to be excellent and you need it when you have loaded tires, wheel weights, a blower on the back and hydraulic blade up front. I've not found the power to be lacking, ever. It's a great tractor for pulling the RCR1884 or the Del Morino flail mower in the summer months too.

I'm not up to 2,000 hours yet, but I have over 300 hours of trouble-free seat time in the first MX6000 that I sold and the cab model that replaced it.

I will say that I'd have to keep the M6060 over the MX if one had to go, but thankfully that's not a decision I expect to make.

Post some photos if you're so inclined. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
I'm looking to upgrade from my 2019 BX23S to a 50-60hp tractor. Currently leaning towards MX 5400 or MX6000. However, I know a guy with a TYM 574C that just raves about it, with over 2,000 hours and never had a problem, other than ones he created. Looking at the prices, the TYM with cab is about even with MX5400 without cab. Sitting here today with 33F, 6" of snow and still snowing, a cab seems like a great idea. Or this summer when it's 105F, having AC would be nice. I do find the HP listings for the TYM a bit concerning, 55hp engine loses 11hp by the time it hits PTO. Have a budget to live within, trying to get most out of it, but I love Kubota.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm looking to upgrade from my 2019 BX23S to a 50-60hp tractor. Currently leaning towards MX 5400 or MX6000. However, I know a guy with a TYM 574C that just raves about it, with over 2,000 hours and never had a problem, other than ones he created. Looking at the prices, the TYM with cab is about even with MX5400 without cab. Sitting here today with 33F, 6" of snow and still snowing, a cab seems like a great idea. Or this summer when it's 105F, having AC would be nice. I do find the HP listings for the TYM a bit concerning, 55hp engine loses 11hp by the time it hits PTO. Have a budget to live within, trying to get most out of it, but I love Kubota.
I have a friend up here that has a TYM, a T474. He's been happy with it, but the roof on his tractor cracked after only a few years (three I think). Not saying that TYM wouldn't be a good choice, and not sure of Kubota vs. TYM support near Sula, MT. Given my experience with four Kubota tractors I really don't think I'd seriously consider another brand. Also, the dealership near me is nothing short of exceptional.

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I am in the same boat. I wanted a 26 hp LX2620 cab but wasn't impressed. I have talked to several TYM owners that haven't had problems with theirs . Just test drove a TYM t474 hydro cab and was impressed. Same out the door price as a LX2620 and same warranty with almost twice the PTO hp. This one loses about 9 hp at the PTO probably because it's over 5k pounds with loader and loaded tires. Loader valve could run 2 functions at once fine with an empty bucket. It's a simple indirect injection motor with no computer and dpf is just put on top so it can be easily removed if problems pop up down the road. Same parts are used by several manufacturers so availability has improved. Seriously considering it now along withthe Kioti.

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
I have a friend up here that has a TYM, a T474. He's been happy with it, but the roof on his tractor cracked after only a few years (three I think). Not saying that TYM wouldn't be a good choice, and not sure of Kubota vs. TYM support near Sula, MT. Given my experience with four Kubota tractors I really don't think I'd seriously consider another brand. Also, the dealership near me is nothing short of exceptional.
Wish I was back home near Sula (Victor, Hamilton childhood). We are about 60 miles from Billings, so Kioti and Kubota are 'close'. TYM nearest is Helena, so about 150 miles. Those are things to be considered.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Nothing really wrong with Kioti or TYM. You're paying for metal, and there's a lot of metal in those machines. In the same way, some people like a Kubota LX, some like an L. The L is a lot more metal for your money, but less refined.

There's no free lunch here. You get more HP and more metal. You lose a bit of refinement and support - in short it's a lower quality machine (for some definitions of quality). Dad had a big Kioti and it was a great machine. Wasn't a Kubota, but everyone has a budget to live within and a set of things they need.

Would I rather a Kubota without a cab or a Kioti with a cab? Well, if I needed a cab and couldn't spend more to get a Kubota with one, obviously the Kioti. I might consider a used Kubota instead of a new Kioti though.

Of course, you're on a Kubota site. You won't find a lot of people who really love Kioti and think buying a Kubota is a bad idea. You might get different answers on a different site, you'll find a larger population of people who think Kubota is overpriced and Kioti is very astute purchasing.

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
Nothing really wrong with Kioti or TYM. You're paying for metal, and there's a lot of metal in those machines. In the same way, some people like a Kubota LX, some like an L. The L is a lot more metal for your money, but less refined.

There's no free lunch here. You get more HP and more metal. You lose a bit of refinement and support - in short it's a lower quality machine (for some definitions of quality). Dad had a big Kioti and it was a great machine. Wasn't a Kubota, but everyone has a budget to live within and a set of things they need.

Would I rather a Kubota without a cab or a Kioti with a cab? Well, if I needed a cab and couldn't spend more to get a Kubota with one, obviously the Kioti. I might consider a used Kubota instead of a new Kioti though.

Of course, you're on a Kubota site. You won't find a lot of people who really love Kioti and think buying a Kubota is a bad idea. You might get different answers on a different site, you'll find a larger population of people who think Kubota is overpriced and Kioti is very astute purchasing.
Good points, same things I went through when I bought the BX23S, comparing JD and Kubota. Similar JD was more $ than the BX23S, but the welds were much less refined. Attitude of the dealer was also MUCH different between JD and Kubota. JD was like I should have felt it an honor just to be able to park on their lot.

Another point that swings me to Kubota is a neighbor has an L4701 with implements and we can share so we don't need to duplicate. He already has a BH92 backhoe, so I don't have to buy one. I will get a grader scraper/land plane and flail mower, which he can borrow.

I think it's settled now, Kubota. History of ownership already, proximity of dealership/support, ability to share implements. Hard to argue. Now just settling on MX5400 or MX6000.

I do plan on getting all the factory hydraulics options. My moto: I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Thanks for the input and letting me work through this. It's going to be nice to get back on a real tractor. The BX is a great little tractor, but I miss some size. Not that I want to get back into Versatile or those giants from my youth, but a 50-60hp will be nice.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Good points, same things I went through when I bought the BX23S, comparing JD and Kubota. Similar JD was more $ than the BX23S, but the welds were much less refined. Attitude of the dealer was also MUCH different between JD and Kubota. JD was like I should have felt it an honor just to be able to park on their lot.

Another point that swings me to Kubota is a neighbor has an L4701 with implements and we can share so we don't need to duplicate. He already has a BH92 backhoe, so I don't have to buy one. I will get a grader scraper/land plane and flail mower, which he can borrow.

I think it's settled now, Kubota. History of ownership already, proximity of dealership/support, ability to share implements. Hard to argue. Now just settling on MX5400 or MX6000.

I do plan on getting all the factory hydraulics options. My moto: I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Thanks for the input and letting me work through this. It's going to be nice to get back on a real tractor. The BX is a great little tractor, but I miss some size. Not that I want to get back into Versatile or those giants from my youth, but a 50-60hp will be nice.
Good to see that you've made a decision that you're happy with.

We think alike. I moved up from a BX25 after five years and would never go back to any tractor with less than 60hp and certainly not one with less than four cylinders. I opted for the Kubota 3rd function and three rear remotes on my last three tractors and I generally get every option offered since I'd rather have it and not need it vs. the other way around. I'm brand loyal when a company proves over and over that ownership is a good experience and that's been my experience with Kubota.

I have a three to four hour job this Sunday cutting some serious vegetation and will be using the MX6000 with Del Morino flail. I'm looking forward to it. The home owner didn't want to pay me to cut 20 acres with the big tractor and folding cutter but wants me to cut down the worst areas. I don't think there's a better tractor than the MX6000 when comparing similar models. Equivalent maybe, but better, I doubt it.

I would pick Kioti over TYM, but neither are as refined as Kubota, and since I have no history with them, buying one would be a gamble in terms of performance, reliability, longevity and service. The only tractor manufacturer in this area that has top tier sales and service is Kubota so it's all academic anyway.

Last edited:

Hunter1157

Equipment
MX 6000 HST Cab, Kubota RTV X1140
Apr 26, 2020
Palestine, Tx.
I have had my MX6000 cab for 4 years now and so far very happy with it. I went with the HST so my wife could drive it.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I’ve had my MX6000 open station for 3 years now and I’m very pleased with the choice. The performance has been flawless and this is a very stable machine. There are times when I would like a cabbed model. Then I mow between the trees and realize that I would be breaking glass with a cab model. That is a great tractor platform, whether you go with the 5400 or 6000. If you choose the 5400, go with the HST, the 6000 only comes with HST.

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
I’ve had my MX6000 open station for 3 years now and I’m very pleased with the choice. The performance has been flawless and this is a very stable machine. There are times when I would like a cabbed model. Then I mow between the trees and realize that I would be breaking glass with a cab model. That is a great tractor platform, whether you go with the 5400 or 6000. If you choose the 5400, go with the HST, the 6000 only comes with HST.
As Hunter1157 stated, HST so my wife can drive it also. She really enjoys the BX23S, but it's just not enough tractor for 60 acres.

I would love to get the cab version of either, but that extra $10k would kill the budget. Sure would be nice on those 100F+ or -30F days, though. Guess I'll just need another pair of Schnee's and some more Carhart.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
As Hunter1157 stated, HST so my wife can drive it also. She really enjoys the BX23S, but it's just not enough tractor for 60 acres.

I would love to get the cab version of either, but that extra $10k would kill the budget. Sure would be nice on those 100F+ or -30F days, though. Guess I'll just need another pair of Schnee's and some more Carhart.
I have the open station also and installed a shade canopy. It doesn’t cool you down, but it does keep the sun off. Insulated Carhart overalls in the winter.

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
Well, this has been a learning experience. Dealer 1 (1 hour drive), whom I have only had contact with the owner's son and the receptionist that answers the phone (could be owner's wife), fell far short of my impression at first contact. Apparently the owner is the only person that can discuss trades, other than the son just spewing numbers that don't add up. Then the problem of getting in touch with the owner. I have submitted quote requests from the Kubota website, emailed the dealership, stopped in a few time (owner is never there), called and left voice mail messages, called and requested a hand written note be left on his desk. Zero response. So finally, I reached out to the next closest dealer (90+ minute drive), on Friday evening via email. Saturday morning I got a call from Dealer 2 sales manager in SD. Very apologetic on Kubota's behalf, we talked and he assured me that if one of his salesmen did not call over the weekend, I would get a call Monday morning. Sure enough, got a call about 9am Sunday morning! Had a brief discussion, traded contact info and agreed to talk Monday morning. Both gentlemen stated that the issue I had in lack of contact from Dealer 1, is NOT an isolated issue. Anyway, back an forth yesterday, resulted in an agreement on trading my BX23S on an MX6000. I also called Kubota Customer Satisfaction and lodged a complaint against Dealer 1. I would have been fine to at least get a response of, "I'm sorry, we're very busy, can we schedule a call for xxx?", or even "Go to hell, I don't want your business". Oh well, on to finalizing the purchase this morning. It meant I had to give up some of the add-ons like 3rd function, rear remotes, but I can add those later.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well, this has been a learning experience. Dealer 1 (1 hour drive), whom I have only had contact with the owner's son and the receptionist that answers the phone (could be owner's wife), fell far short of my impression at first contact. Apparently the owner is the only person that can discuss trades, other than the son just spewing numbers that don't add up. Then the problem of getting in touch with the owner. I have submitted quote requests from the Kubota website, emailed the dealership, stopped in a few time (owner is never there), called and left voice mail messages, called and requested a hand written note be left on his desk. Zero response. So finally, I reached out to the next closest dealer (90+ minute drive), on Friday evening via email. Saturday morning I got a call from Dealer 2 sales manager in SD. Very apologetic on Kubota's behalf, we talked and he assured me that if one of his salesmen did not call over the weekend, I would get a call Monday morning. Sure enough, got a call about 9am Sunday morning! Had a brief discussion, traded contact info and agreed to talk Monday morning. Both gentlemen stated that the issue I had in lack of contact from Dealer 1, is NOT an isolated issue. Anyway, back an forth yesterday, resulted in an agreement on trading my BX23S on an MX6000. I also called Kubota Customer Satisfaction and lodged a complaint against Dealer 1. I would have been fine to at least get a response of, "I'm sorry, we're very busy, can we schedule a call for xxx?", or even "Go to hell, I don't want your business". Oh well, on to finalizing the purchase this morning. It meant I had to give up some of the add-ons like 3rd function, rear remotes, but I can add those later.
The two dealers I've dealt with are Parsons Tractor in Kalispell, MT and Heartland Kubota in Sheridan, WY. Both were outstanding with four tractor purchases and numerous implements, and the one I use locally continues to be that way, over what has now been and 8-year relationship. I have no reason to think that Heartland Kubota isn't still an outstanding dealer.

As I mentioned earlier, I bought an MX6000HST (open station) and then sold my BX25 to the very person I bought it from in 2016. He has an L6060 and wanted a smaller tractor to use at his cabin on the lake and at home. I had that open station for over a year and more than 100 hours of use. It was an excellent tractor but I simply did the math and realized that a cabbed MX6000 would be better for me.

You're going to really like the upgrade. (y)

Last edited:

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I would have remotes added before delivery if you want them. It usually comes out cheaper since they are already PDI’ing the tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
I would have remotes added before delivery if you want them. It usually comes out cheaper since they are already PDI’ing the tractor.
Agreed, but had to go this route due to budget. I know I'll pay more later, maybe, I can do the install myself. Just a lot of mitigating factors right now. I could have added the remotes if I wanted to drop down to a MX5400 or L4802, but I really want the MX6000 for that extra margin. I've gone the route of gas Super Duty in the past and always ended up regretting not getting the PowerStroke, so wanted that extra power on the tractor. Less costly to add remotes in 6 months than upgrade the tractor.

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Agreed, but had to go this route due to budget. I know I'll pay more later, maybe, I can do the install myself. Just a lot of mitigating factors right now. I could have added the remotes if I wanted to drop down to a MX5400 or L4802, but I really want the MX6000 for that extra margin. I've gone the route of gas Super Duty in the past and always ended up regretting not getting the PowerStroke, so wanted that extra power on the tractor. Less costly to add remotes in 6 months than upgrade the tractor.
Completely understand. I have a gas super duty too, but have never wanted the 6.7. The 7.3 does just fine for me.