MX4800 front axle support wont take the grease

trackman23

Equipment
MX4800
Nov 22, 2023
NC
Hi folks, I was servicing my MX4800 yesterday and was unable to get the front axle support to accept grease. I had the breather plug removed, and I removed the grease fitting to see if was jammed but but once it was out of the tractor it easily let grease flow through.

Any ideas on what is going on and how to get grease into that front axle support?

Thanks!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi folks, I was servicing my MX4800 yesterday and was unable to get the front axle support to accept grease. I had the breather plug removed, and I removed the grease fitting to see if was jammed but but once it was out of the tractor it easily let grease flow through.

Any ideas on what is going on and how to get grease into that front axle support?

Thanks!
May be time for a "Lock-n-Lube grease buster".
$55 on Amazon, but possibly similar product cheaper elsewhere.

ChiefWebb

Equipment
MX5100, ZD331, Z242KW-48 & RTV900, Woods Stump Grinder, Armstrong Ag Grappler
Feb 24, 2023
South Texas
I agree with "fried1765", a grease joint rejuvenator, several makers of them out there including Lock-N-Lube, might clear up your problem. You pull the plunger back and fill the tool with a light oil and attach it to the zerk then strike the end of the plunger with a hammer and it forces the light oil out, hopefully clearing a clogged zerk fitting as well as forcing hardened grease out of your joint. I have used one a few times over the past 15 years and it seems to work every time. Handy to have one around. I'm a big fan of Lock-N-Lube products and have found their locking grease couplers allow me to exert more hydraulic pressure while greasing without the coupler disengaging.