Mulching with ZD326?

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
Having gotten nowhere with my efforts to check out a ZD1211, I am now interested in a ZD326, which is apparently the model it succeeded.

I have read that these mowers shoot grass backward. Is that correct? I have to have mulching because of my leaf problem. Is it not possible to mulch well with a ZD326?

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
I have read that these mowers come in rear-discharge and side-discharge. The one I'm looking at appears to have a chute on the side.

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
Yes, but I was hoping someone here who has used one could comment. I would think it ought to mulch just fine, since my John Deere works, and it has less horsepower.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
There was a side or rear discharge deck option on these machines. I tried both and found that the rear discharge left lots of clumps which is why I bought side discharge.

Get some Gator G6 mulching blades, they work well for mulching. Like the rear discharge they tend to leave more clumps than using high lift blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
Looks like it doesn't matter, because when I inquired, the lady selling it pulled her ad. Never responded.

They say Facebook Marketplace is the only place to buy used stuff locally these days, but it hasn't worked out for me. Crystal Tractor in Deland, Florida advertised a ZD1211 with 22 hours for $14,500 and wouldn't communicate with me when I asked about it. I called and got them to admit they didn't have it. I think they were keeping the ad up fraudulently to generate calls. I was in sales for a while, and I know salespeople like to post ads for items and use the ads to direct callers to other things.

The guy I talked to didn't mention any other mowers, so I guess their used inventory is pathetic. Crystal Tractor has a big chain of shops.

The Kubota network here in Florida seems pretty awful.

I guess I can swallow a bitter pill and start looking at John Deere diesels, but they don't have the crank that lifts the deck for service. I really dislike the John Deere company based on my experiences and bad things that have happened to others, but the grass has to be mowed.

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
Scag Turf Tiger II had a diesel option for a while, ExMark might of too. Or move away from the limited diesel market and pick up a used commercial grade gas powered mower from Scag, ExMark, or Toro and rock & roll for many years to come!