MAYBE time for fluid change on my Kubota B7100HST-D ??

TerryKing

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Aug 18, 2024
Topsham, Vermont USA
arduinoinfo.mywikis.net
Hi Everyone, I have a Kubota B7100HST-D which showed 800 hours when I got it (on a suspiciously clean and nice hour meter). I do not have a history on my machine; auction.

The fluid LOOKS nice and clear and smells (?unburned) .. On paper towel it looks clear.
HydChangeB7100HST-01.JPG

So I started looking for signs of maintenance.. How about the hydraulic fluid filter? You need to remove the "tunnel cover?" below the steering wheel to get to it. BUT, BUT I can't unscrew the KNOB off the speed control to get the cover off.. Now What?? OK, hands can't do it. Careful pliers/rag: Nope. OK, Vise-Grips. OK it rotated a bit. Squeaking. But it's not showing any more threads.. Knob plastic rotating over the Freakin' Squeakin' threaded insert. OK, no more Mr. Chicken: PBlaster overnight then real TIGHT ViseGrips . It MOVED without Squeaking. Couple more careful tight visegrip grabs and it shows a thread emerging. Beating up the plastic on the Knob but OhWell. Finally got it off. Some corrosion. Wirebrush and oil and it can start back on better.
HydChangeB7100HST-02.JPG

OK, 4 thumbscrews off and: ACK..
HydChangeB7100HST-03.JPG

MAYBE a few ... Owner(s)? Tech(s)? People gave up on getting that damn Knob off. Sigh...

OK, IF a fluid change was done. Ever. Then the 3 drain plugs and the two big left and right suction pickup screens would have been removed. Any wrench marks??
HydChangeB7100HST-04.JPG

PAINT looks good. Not sure... Other one?
HydChangeB7100HST-05.JPG

Hmm. Not sure but not obvious... Drain plugs inconclusive...

Well. This is very probably the Last Tractor I will buy. And I LIKE it. So: CallTheDealer.
5 Gallons of Super UDT-2 $136.68 and no tax 60 miles away in New Hampshire. Drain plug gaskets and two sets of 2 Orings for the pickup strainers (THEY will tell me something.. HOPEfully nice. Tractor sounds and runs nice. See My Hat. HERE --ScrollUp-- ). I'll take the trip tomorrow..

PS: I know I could probably use TS Traveller or other fluids OK but I plan to run this tractor in RealCold weather to plow us out of our BackBack driveway and road. And after eading Many Discussions here it does seem that the UDT-2 is better in Cold Weather. Which we got. We have all 4WD (Subaru and Tahoe) so it does not need to be Squeaky (hate that word) clean. Usually Northern Decisive Driving makes it.

Comments, suggestions, critique welcome. But I stopped taking English Criticism from my high school English teacher Mr. Rapuano in 1957... He hated those 3 dots...

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
TS Traveller or other fluids OK ....................... NO, let me be clearer - HELL no !!!!!!!!!!