M9540 Hydraulic oil cooler issues

BugKyCattleCo

Equipment
Kubota M9540, Kubota UTV, Massey Ferguson 573, MF 50, New Holland BR7700A,
Jul 12, 2021
Albany,Kentucky USA
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated! I have Kubota M9540 with about 2400 hours. I have had nothing but hydraulic problems as of late. Hydraulic pump has been replaced as well as a loader relief valve. My current issue is, hydraulic oil cooler, original cooler blowed out , was replaced with Kubota cooler, it blew outside of the 6 month warranty, replaced with aftermarket cooler and it blew, it was replaced under warranty and the replacement blew less than 3 hours. WSM lists a hydraulic oil cooler relief valve, but the relief values vary a huge difference between ROPS and Cabin. I have a cabin model. Any suggestions where to start would be greatly appreciated!

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
This is a guess since you did not post the complete model number of our tractor. See the attached pdf.

Attachments

BugKyCattleCo

Equipment
Kubota M9540, Kubota UTV, Massey Ferguson 573, MF 50, New Holland BR7700A,
Jul 12, 2021
Albany,Kentucky USA
This is a guess since you did not post the complete model number of our tractor. See the attached pdf.
Update on model number, M9540 HDC12 with Cabin, 4WD, serial #58178. I found the relief valve and I have looked at the workshop manual. There is a huge difference in models of the tractor, ROPS factory spec is 640 to 711 psi and the Cabin is 49.8 psi for the Oil Cooler Check valve. This seems to be a huge variance. There was a difference in oil coolers based on tractor serial number and the parts guy ordered based on serial number. Would high pressure cause weeping at some of the hydraulic fittings, especially those with O rings?
The local Kubota Service shop does not have the injector tester to test the relief valve. Reckon I would be money ahead to take to diesel shopped have them test or just replace ? About a $350 part, coolers are $900 plus. Thank you so much for helping out!!!!!