M5-111 rear lift arms - adjusting

altamontfarms

Equipment
M5-111
Jan 23, 2021
Fort Myers, FL
Hello,
I rebuilt the hydraulic cylinders on my M5-111 rear lift arms. They were in pretty bad shape, and one arm was higher than the other, but the main problem was that they were leaking live a sieve. I replaced the cylinders, but they are still out of whack. See the attached image.

How do I adjust each arm independently of the other?

Attachments

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Hello,
I rebuilt the hydraulic cylinders on my M5-111 rear lift arms. They were in pretty bad shape, and one arm was higher than the other, but the main problem was that they were leaking live a sieve. I replaced the cylinders, but they are still out of whack. See the attached image.

How do I adjust each arm independently of the other?
Are you sure that your side links are not the issue? Both sides are adjustable.

Although it does look like the tops of the cylinders are at different heights. If that is the case, then I'm thinking that maybe your rock shaft is broken. :oops: Maybe the splines on the lift rods. You need to pull the lift rods and rotate them to a different location on the splines?

Just ideas, I don't know. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

altamontfarms

Equipment
M5-111
Jan 23, 2021
Fort Myers, FL
Are you sure that your side links are not the issue? Both sides are adjustable.

Although it does look like the tops of the cylinders are at different heights. If that is the case, then I'm thinking that maybe your rock shaft is broken. :oops: Maybe the splines on the lift rods. You need to pull the lift rods and rotate them to a different location on the splines?

Just ideas, I don't know. :rolleyes:
Thank you. All good ideas. I’ll take a closer look at the individual parts tomorrow.

altamontfarms

Equipment
M5-111
Jan 23, 2021
Fort Myers, FL
Long story short, I was looking at the wrong problem. I replaced the cylinders and never bothered to look at the arm mount points. One side was off the mounting ping and jack up between the pin and the axle.