m4900su manuals

Mmosur

Dec 25, 2012
Louisiana
I'm sure there are lots of posts here on this topic but the ones I've searched were old. I just obtained an M4900 SU with a piece of property I bought. No manuals were given. I see where I can purchase an online PDF version or maybe a CD version.

I don't mind paying for a manual but I have bought other online manuals for vehicles before and they were basically useless. They were not anything like the original manuals. They were more of "universal" type manuals. Once I purchased, too late to return...

Any advice of a reputable source for an online manual? I'd eventually like both the owner's and service manual. I can't wait to start using the tractor but I want to be sure I service it properly first! (My wife says I bought the property just to get the tractor...she might be right.)

Thanks. Matt

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You should be able to get them on Messick's. They will probably be copies of the original manual (assuming your tractor is a bit old and the original is out of print). If your tractor is fairly new you may be able to get them from the local Kubota dealer.

Here is a link to the Messicks site for your tractor's manuals. (about half way down the page)

http://www.messicks.com/TractorParts/Kubota/M4900SUDT.aspx

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

What kind of manual are you asking for? An "Operators" manual will just give you the basic Tractor information and Operating instructions. A "Service/Repair" manual will pretty much tell you everything needed to know with repairs. And then, there is a third, the "Parts" manual which will have every part number with illustrations.

I like to have all three, but all you really need is the "Service/Repair" manual, as it also has everything that's in the "Operator" manual. Parts numbers and illustrations are pretty easy to get and free, at least from Messick's.

Not to make your request more difficult, just something to consider.

Ron

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Do yourself a favor and just order the Operator's and Workshop manuals from Messick's.

You'll find it's a lot easier to have the manual at your fingertips when working on the tractor rather than needing to fire up the computer every time.

Merry Christmas,

Steve

PS - Congrats on the new property! I'm jealous.... :)