M141 with M56 loader won’t lift

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First thing your going to want to do is get the WSM for the tractor and find the specs for the hydraulic system, then test the system for proper operating pressure.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The pressure appears okay, its 2700 psi.
Just for completeness where and how did you measure that pressure?

If you have adequate supply pressure the problem is likely somerhing obstructing the downstream power beyond circuit. Things like couplers not fully cinnected, downstream valve not in neutral, etc. Does your 3pt work?

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a 2016 M141 with an M56 loader and grapples that struggles to lift. It basically only able to lift 2,000 lbs and should be able to lift 5,000. Anyone else having this problem.
Whoops!!! Scratch what I said in my first response. You have an M6 which is not an open center hydraulic system. The M6 spec sheet is not real clear - it says fixed displacemment with pressure compensation. Trouble shooting that is going to be a different process. Do you have a WSM for both loader and tractor? I cant find any for download.

Here is a very good tutorial on how these types of systems work. Its a variable displacement pump but it helps explain the basic concept.

The last part of the video discusses trouble shooting. Is the boom lift the only function thats not working?

Dan

Last edited:

Bradwood

Apr 16, 2024
Winnipeg Beach, Manitoba
Whoops!!! Scratch what I said in my first response. You have an M6 which is not an open center hydraulic system. The M6 spec sheet is not real clear - it says fixed displacemment with pressure compensation. Trouble shooting that is going to be a different process. Do you have a WSM for both loader and tractor? I cant find any for download.

Here is a very good tutorial on how these types of systems work. Its a variable displacement pump but it helps explain the basic concept.

The last part of the video discusses trouble shooting. Is the boom lift the only function thats not working?

Dan
[/QUOT

Dan
The tilt is not working at full strengt.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The tilt is not working at full strengt.
I would like to be able to help but its not at all clear what sort of hydraulic system that tractor has. Looks like Kubota got creative with the M6 and M7. Without a WSM to provide some solid details about the system I am in the dark.

Dan

Last edited: