M 5700 start problems

Richardlu

Equipment
m 5700 and L 245DT
Jul 31, 2011
Dumas, AR, United States
I have a M5700 that will only start if shorted accross the starter, I'm trying to track down the problem but haven't been able to find location of the safty switches. I don't think their is one on the seat as I have always been able to get out of the tractor with it still running. Its a cabed tractor, if any one has anyt ideas they would be appricated.

Thanks Richardlu:confused:

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a M5700 that will only start if shorted accross the starter, I'm trying to track down the problem but haven't been able to find location of the safty switches. I don't think their is one on the seat as I have always been able to get out of the tractor with it still running. Its a cabed tractor, if any one has anyt ideas they would be appricated.

Thanks Richardlu:confused:
Likely a safety switch. There should be one for the seat, the clutch, the pto and possibly a neutral switch for the tranny.

Richardlu

Equipment
m 5700 and L 245DT
Jul 31, 2011
Dumas, AR, United States
I did have to replace a fuse the first time and it worked for a day or so then quit again, this time the fuse wasn't blown. The tractor is a 2002 year model no safety switch on seat and haven't been able to find one on anything else

Last edited: