Looking for L2800 Hydraulic Dipstick Part number

JeffH57

Equipment
L2800
Jan 10, 2018
Trussville
I have an L2800 from the mid 2000's - not sure exactly what year. The tab broke off the top of the dipstick that is located in the floor board next to the sight glass. I can't tell anything about the level from the glass. I want to replace the dipstick but I can't find a part number. I've looked at part diagrams but I have not even found where this is located.

Thanks for any help.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
A little history... So the L2800 came out in 2004. From 2004 until mid 2006, HST models, a “Ratcheting Noise” may be heard during engine de-acceleration while the rear PTO is engaged. Before the PSB-2005-052-A, which changed the over ridding CAMS to locking CAMS, there was another Product Service Bulletin (might be the same number but without the "-A") that instructed dealers that had coustmer complaints about the noise, to install a dipstick where the sight glass was and to add (I think) 1.85 gallons of extra hydraulic oil to submerge the CAMS under oil.

If your serial number is below 57744 - you could have gotten that set up... To answer your question, call a dealer about this and see if it's the same type of dip stick that they use in the newer machines...

I had a copy of the bulletin on an old computer but can not find it in back ups... {EDIT} Found it, I uploaded the PDF; but just in case you can't read it, I made Jpegs of the 3 pages.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

JeffH57

Equipment
L2800
Jan 10, 2018
Trussville
Hey, thanks a ton for this info. My serial number is 548xx and this has to be what I have. I really appreciate the time you took to send all this info. I don't know if I would have ever found this anywhere.

Jeff

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Yea, I almost forgot about it, too!?!

So, I assume you have the extra oil in your transmission case to cover the CAMS. Does it keep the over ridding CAMS quite? (You are the first that I've seen that had this done).

I just purchased the set of Locking Cams, just in case my wood chipper breaks the over ridding cams. As what happened to this guy:

I was planning to buy the CAMS a few years ago when they were cheaper ($45 bucks or so). At least I have them on hand now.