Limb circular hydraulic saw

Billy G

Equipment
Kubota L6060 50th Anniversary
Jul 3, 2023
South Carolina
Hi Guys,

I wanted to see if someone could help me. I have a Kubota Grand L 6060 50th anniversary. I want to purchase a limbsaw circular hydraulic saw. It says it requires 10gpm flow but mine is at 9.4gpm. I will not be steering while cutting. I also have a 3rd function as well. My question is, do I have enough juice to run this saw on an 8ft boom arm? Should I be concerned with heat? I posted the link below for anyone that wants to see exactly what I am purchasing. Thanks in advance for any information you guys can give.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nice tractor! The link you posted has this information.
  • Operates with a 10 GPM flow rate, requiring your tractor to have a 15 GPM
I suggest you contact the manufacturer and ask what the "real-world" performance numbers are when the loader is at or near max height.

Last edited:

Billy G

Equipment
Kubota L6060 50th Anniversary
Jul 3, 2023
South Carolina
Nice tractor! The link you posted has this information.
  • Operates with a 10 GPM flow rate, requiring your tractor to have a 15 GPM
I suggest you contact the manufacturer and ask what the "real-world" performance numbers are when the loader is at or near max height.
Thanks. I love that tractor. Its the perfect size for me. Anything larger and I would get in trouble haha.

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but does a 3rd function add any additional gpm? I'm guessing no since that would have to do with the pump.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks. I love that tractor. Its the perfect size for me. Anything larger and I would get in trouble haha.

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but does a 3rd function add any additional gpm? I'm guessing no since that would have to do with the pump.
I will confess that I haven't got into the weeds with 3rd functions despite having them on three tractors, but they're just an electronically controlled valve that diverts oil to whatever needs it up front.