Like me tractor is getting old but I can still work the but off and so should it !!!

Azza

Equipment
Kubota B8200 tractor plus T1760 ride on
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Previous assistance appreciated and thanks to all who assisted. Thought I had starting issue on my B8200 sorted but but but !!! Previously all terminals at rear of ignition switch tested ok with test light. and tractor was starting ok. Now the terminal that connects to dash mounted pre ignition coil has no power whereas other terminals test ok. Neither is there power to glow plug when I connect test light to it. Have power to dash lights. What should I be looking for?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Previous assistance appreciated and thanks to all who assisted. Thought I had starting issue on my B8200 sorted but but but !!! Previously all terminals at rear of ignition switch tested ok with test light. and tractor was starting ok. Now the terminal that connects to dash mounted pre ignition coil has no power whereas other terminals test ok. Neither is there power to glow plug when I connect test light to it. Have power to dash lights. What should I be looking for?
Only because nobody else has replied yet.
- Fuses
- Follow wires back to see if something is disconnected somewhere
- Poor earth perhaps?

But I have no knowledge of that specific model.

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Only because nobody else has replied yet.
- Fuses
- Follow wires back to see if something is disconnected somewhere
- Poor earth perhaps?

But I have no knowledge of that specific model.
Thanks Paul , I cleaned the earth cable connection and there's power past the fusible link. Two blade fuses are are ok.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
OK, unless someone knows the specific model, I think it means following the lead without power back to wherever it gets power from. I'd be expecting to see a break in the wire, or a switch/relay/fuse that is broken.

Is this a wire that should be always live on the back of the ignition, or a wire that would only become live when the ignition is turned to the appropriate point? If the latter, then ignition switch could obviously be faulty.

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
OK, unless someone knows the specific model, I think it means following the lead without power back to wherever it gets power from. I'd be expecting to see a break in the wire, or a switch/relay/fuse that is broken.

Is this a wire that should be always live on the back of the ignition, or a wire that would only become live when the ignition is turned to the appropriate point? If the latter, then ignition switch could obviously be faulty.

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
It's a Kubota B8200. Have power to terminal marked "30" ( thick red wire) when key is OFF. Also power to terminal marked "AC "( thin red with white stripe wire) but only with key ON. The one I lost power to is terminal marked "17" (Black with red stripe wire)

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
It's a Kubota B8200. Have power to terminal marked "30" ( thick red wire) when key is OFF. Also power to terminal marked "AC "( thin red with white stripe wire) but only with key ON. The one I lost power to is terminal marked "17" (Black with red stripe wire)
Terminal "17" has black with red stripe wire connected to it from first glow plug

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ummm, not meaning to be insulting, but what is the key position when you checked the terminal? In the pre-heat or start positions? I believe those are the only two positions where the glow plugs are live. And by " dash mounted pre ignition coil", I assume you mean the glow plug indicator, that heats up and glows red during pre=heat?

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Ummm, not meaning to be insulting, but what is the key position when you checked the terminal? In the pre-heat or start positions? I believe those are the only two positions where the glow plugs are live. And by " dash mounted pre ignition coil", I assume you mean the glow plug indicator, that heats up and glows red during pre=heat?
Not insulted. Each of us blessed with different talents. Yes glow plug indicator using correct terminology. Terminals checked with key in both positions. Have power to terminals 30 and Ac in both key positions . No power to terminal 17 in either position

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
In that case, I suspect the switch itself.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Replace the ignition switch with a new OEM one from the dealer

I think that will solve the problem

You can also try to clean the contacts inside the current ignition switch and see if that helps with getting power to the glow plugs

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Replace the ignition switch with a new OEM one from the dealer

I think that will solve the problem

You can also try to clean the contacts inside the current ignition switch and see if that helps with getting power to the glow plugs

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Your assistance is appreciated Russell and Torch. . I sprayed WD40 into the switch before losing power to this terminal. As previously noted have power to two terminals out of five. Besides 17 not sure if other two terminals ought to have power. How does one open the switch?

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Your assistance is appreciated Russell and Torch. . I sprayed WD40 into the switch before losing power to this terminal.
Ah, that may be the problem. WD40 leaves a residue. Try using contact cleaner. One of the best is Deoxit D5.

Reactions: 1 user