mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Turns out you can't trust the labels...

CE.jpg

I was always told you can trust CE certification i.e. my auto tint welding shield has the CE label meaning it meets certain minimum safety standards.

Turns out the chionese are faking this certification to mislead consumers into thinking you are buying something that actually meets minimum safety standards. The above photo shows the "china export" logo which is a clone of the "Conforite Europeenne" logo with a slightly closer spacing. The real CE label doesn't have the grid shown in this photo, the grid is shown here to demonstrate how the real CE logo is made to compare against the chinese scamware version.

Buyer beware. Don't trust the chinese when it comes to YOUR safety

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm maybe the CE logo wasn't copyrighted by the EU ? If it is, then the EU should halt,inspect and seize ALL goods with the bogus CE logo on them !....

course I'm still wondering how all the high voltage battery powered stuff got approved. years ago anything made in Canada HAD to get special inspection/approval if over 28VDC. Some devices have 60-70-98 VDC battery packs.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
hmm maybe the CE logo wasn't copyrighted by the EU ? If it is, then the EU should halt,inspect and seize ALL goods with the bogus CE logo on them !....

course I'm still wondering how all the high voltage battery powered stuff got approved. years ago anything made in Canada HAD to get special inspection/approval if over 28VDC. Some devices have 60-70-98 VDC battery packs.
I recall ESA in Ontario not caring about anything under 40V which is considered low voltage

The final word here

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
During the last eclipse there were fake glasses being sold that had certification labels on them.

1724327934299.png

The inside left earpieces of counterfeit Chinese (top) and genuine American (bottom) eclipse glasses. Much of the text on the counterfeit glasses is copied from the real ones. Note that the counterfeit glasses include the name of U.S. company American Paper Optics but not the address (though there is a spurious fragment of an unrelated address above the name), whereas APO's glasses include both their name and address, as required by the ISO 12312-2 international standard for filters for direct observation of the Sun. Courtesy American Paper Optics and the American Astronomical Society.