Lawn Vac for BX

Sidekick

Equipment
Sidekick 850, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Any machine is worthless in the muck. Have to let it dry.
Actually a BX with the blade lifted slightly works good in 4wd in mud. I roll it all when it starts drying to level the ruts. The bottom of my hill is muck around the pond and I still can't get down there to cut. We have thousands of acres of muck up here that grow the best potatoes in the world.

Reactions: 1 user

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in profile-about)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
....I would consider a cyclone rake if the soft side issues have been resolved...
There is now a "deceleration flap" on the input side of the soft box and "deflector flap" at the back, both of which seem to do a great job of protecting the outer material from damage. Sticks and stones are going to be hard on the unit regardless, buuut it's not like the mower blades will fare better.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Found out this used one has a 6 inch hose. Thinking go slow enough it shouldn't clock. or am I thinking wrong? Also wondering if the hoses can be upgraded to a larger hose if needed. Anyone know?

Last edited:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Found out this used one has a 6 inch hose. Thinking go slow enough it shouldn't clock. or am I thinking wrong? Also wondering if the hoses can be upgraded to a larger hose if needed. Anyone know?
The inlet to the impeller is only 6", and can't easily be changed. Mine would clog with the least bit of moisture.
The 8" hose on my DR (along with the bigger engine) works much better. Of course, there's a big cost difference, though.

Meadowbank Kubota

Equipment
BX1880 with an LA344s
Aug 23, 2021
Cornwall, PE
I have the Cyclone Rake XL, bought it used. It had been used on a cub Cadet 54" lawn tractor so it was pretty easy to attach to the BX 1880. For me it has been great. Convenient to fold store in the shed. The 25' extension hose hangs on the back of the shed outside though.

It has the 8" hose between the deck and impeller. I have not had any clogging issues. It does take some getting used to the swing of the trailer going around trees and shrubs. I use it primarily for leaf clean up and grass clippings after an extended wet period where the grass gets too long to simply cut

Sidekick

Equipment
Sidekick 850, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Using mine today to collect garden mulch
1000001982.jpg

Here is the custom bracket I designed and built to reinforce and allow movement of the adapter. Installs in the original chute bracket with no deck mods
1000001983.jpg

If you buy used be sure to get the fully screened top. The small screen top that originally supplied plugged in 2 minutes and would blow the bag up like a balloon stopping the suction.

1000001984.jpg
1000001985.jpg

Clean the screen after each bag full for best results

• Love

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Will do. Thanks. Found a used one for $1800. Does have the vent on top. Will check it out.