Last Day!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Retirement is here :)
Company is giving me a retirement lunch today at a really nice restaurant :eek:. They originally wanted to give me a retirement dinner, a bigger deal than I wanted. Because its a lunch I'm sure only the senior managers will be there - the workers gotta work. I'm good with that, though I have some really good relationships with our middle management team.

Yesterday I received a note from our president (not Biden or that other guy). They are going to keep my email active and access to our business computer open. In his words, it will make it easier for me to help them when they have issues. He also offered an attractive hourly rate for those times.

Lot of projects to get to!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Congrats all the way around.

After 37 years in the classroom - I too am calling it.

I was very skeptical at first as to what to do, almost scared to retire - I think that thought has gone.

AS many of those that HAVE retired - most are busier after than when they worked. I look forward to being that busy - well, maybe

Congratulation again!

Reactions: 3 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Congrats on the retirement!

I made the move in September 2021 and probably should have done it sooner. The company was good to me, but I have lots of my own work to do.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
WELL DONE! Congratulations…and Welcome to the World of “I never before realized I had so many Deferred-Projects … which ones do I do First…?”
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Congrats!
If you are like me, you will wonder if there was a way to do it 10 years earlier!

Reactions: 1 users

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
Congrats all the way around.

After 37 years in the classroom - I too am calling it.

I was very skeptical at first as to what to do, almost scared to retire - I think that thought has gone.

AS many of those that HAVE retired - most are busier after than when they worked. I look forward to being that busy - well, maybe

Congratulation again!
I pulled the trigger in march. I have never been as busy as i am now but i am loving it as its all for me (projects) i havent even turned on my computer in two months.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Congrats on your retirement!! If only time would slow down after retirement instead of speeding up.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Congratulations.
I pulled the plug after 28yrs in state law enforcement dec 1,2019 just before covid. After covid was "over" went back with local dept for 18 months. Then decided I'd had enough, let's do something you actually enjoy. Already had CDL so went to work driving triaxle and operating equipment for 2 yrs. Hrs got to be too much there so now driving tanker hauling industrial waste water. 7-3 or 4 every day but home for dinner on time. Padding pension to put my son through University of Pitt.
Long story short find something you like to do now and enjoy. Paid or non paid make the most of post retirement.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Congratulations.
I pulled the plug after 28yrs in state law enforcement dec 1,2019 just before covid. After covid was "over" went back with local dept for 18 months. Then decided I'd had enough, let's do something you actually enjoy. Already had CDL so went to work driving triaxle and operating equipment for 2 yrs. Hrs got to be too much there so now driving tanker hauling industrial waste water. 7-3 or 4 every day but home for dinner on time. Padding pension to put my son through University of Pitt.
Long story short find something you like to do now and enjoy. Paid or non paid make the most of post retirement.
If you’re the guy that gave me that speeding ticket 20 years ago, I forgive you! 😂

I retired twice. First time was my early 50s for five years. Decided I was spending too much money with nothing coming in so I went back to work and then retired a second time at age 66.

Interesting thing for me was the first time it took me about six months to adjust and get used to being retired. Second time it took about one day!

True story…

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
If you’re the guy that gave me that speeding ticket 20 years ago, I forgive you! 😂

I retired twice. First time was my early 50s for five years. Decided I was spending too much money with nothing coming in so I went back to work and then retired a second time at age 66.

Interesting thing for me was the first time it took me about six months to adjust and get used to being retired. Second time it took about one day!

True story…
I'm coming up on 56 but I feel like the body of a 76. Too hard on myself over the years. Can't sit still

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
6 weeks you will be looking for a job, or the better half will be thinking of ways to make it look like you had an accident ,,,

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
6 weeks you will be looking for a job, or the better half will be thinking of ways to make it look like you had an accident ,,,
lol, no I don't think so. I've been working from home for about 4 years now so the wifey is used to me. . .

I ran my own business for 25 years. Worked at this job just shy of 30. The only jobs I'll be doing will be for my hobbies or stuff around the house (that I WANT TO do).

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Congratulations, retirement is great for those of us fortunate to have projects and things to keep us busy and out of trouble. I retired at the beginning of 2024 and have not missed a beat. Have been busy with projects, a little more boat time and am learning to pace the projects to say this is a wintertime one and this is one I will tackle now. I do miss some of the relationships but the benefits of retirement far outweigh the loss of those. Congratulations and enjoy!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Retirement is here :)
Company is giving me a retirement lunch today at a really nice restaurant :eek:. They originally wanted to give me a retirement dinner, a bigger deal than I wanted. Because its a lunch I'm sure only the senior managers will be there - the workers gotta work. I'm good with that, though I have some really good relationships with our middle management team.

Yesterday I received a note from our president (not Biden or that other guy). They are going to keep my email active and access to our business computer open. In his words, it will make it easier for me to help them when they have issues. He also offered an attractive hourly rate for those times.

Lot of projects to get to!
Good for you!!! 👍

I’ve given notice of my intent to retire 60 days or so out.

Actually been involved in some reorganization associated with my replacement.

Now that it’s starting to get real my coworkers and the Mrs. are getting pissed…. Trend will likely continue. All I’ve done since a teenager is work…

I’m looking forward to it….hoping I see another 60 sunrises…..🧐

Last edited:

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
After working in IT for 45 years I retired January of 2023 at age 68 1/2. I should never have waited so long!

My wife told me after a couple of months that she worried I would be bored. No way am I bored. I don't know how I kept up with stuff as well as I did before I retired. Now I have time to get the important things accomplished instead of work stuff and I'm having fun!

Congratulations on your retirement!