landscape rakes

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I run mine around my trails and grass runway in the spring, when the ground is nice and soft. It knocks down and smooths all the vole tunnels made under the snow during the winter, doing this several years in a row now and it's resulted in a general improvement to the smoothness of the ground.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
The tines on the rake are flexible, sticks around 3/4" get stuck between the tines. Getting off the tractor to stomp debris out of the rake with every pass thru the woods gets old really fast. Solution, remove every other tine. Better solution is a old 2nd rake. My old rake wasn't QH compatible, hadn't taken it to an action, so I converted it into a QH compatible woods rake.
20200702_195717.jpg

Top brace interfered with top hook attachment. Cut it loose and bent it upward. Added steel straps on the outside of top support tube.

Grapple / rake great combination, rake collects debris, grapple turns it into a burn pile. Normal rake (all the tines) can collect leaves, tricky to use, recommend adding gauge wheels.

Reactions: 1 users

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Typically King Kutter's XP series of implements will be painted orange while what they call their "standard products" are going to be painted their yellow. I believe perhaps the professional series might also be available in a green but normally again , in yellow.
both are yellow.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I run mine around my trails and grass runway in the spring, when the ground is nice and soft. It knocks down and smooths all the vole tunnels made under the snow during the winter, doing this several years in a row now and it's resulted in a general improvement to the smoothness of the ground.
Have moles here the Hoelscher rolling box scraper is my favorite tool since the lawn needs rolled anyway.
20200401_152545.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Been considering the one with small tines. Someone on this forum posted about them before but can't find that thread to ask him a question.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I have never used a landscape rake before. I have been considering getting one to use in y woods to drag stuff around with. But now that I have a grapple coming, I'm not sure if the landscape rake will be needed.
So tell me about what all you have used a landscape rake for? My long driveway is asphalt so wouldn't be needed there. I do have dirt trails all over my property that we use ATV's on tho. My property was logged a while back and I literally have hundreds of trees and tops laying around.
I have both and use the grapple mainly.

The rake is good for dragging branch bits, picking small rocks, "roughing up" the gravel driveway for weed control. If you are doing significant landscape work with a BH or ripping out tree stumps on a lawn the rake reduces the amount of hand work for final clean up prior to seeding. Handy for cleaning up small branches on uneven ground after dropping a tree. I bought mine originally to help me clean up after using a forestry mulcher.

The grapple handles bigger stuff. The tines are rigid making ground tear up easier. Doesn't handle small branches well due to 8" tine spacing.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

The rake is good for dragging branch bits, picking small rocks, "roughing up" the gravel driveway for weed control. If you are doing significant landscape work with a BH or ripping out tree stumps on a lawn the rake reduces the amount of hand work for final clean up prior to seeding. Handy for cleaning up small branches on uneven ground after dropping a tree. I bought mine originally to help me clean up after using a forestry mulcher.

The grapple handles bigger stuff. The tines are rigid making ground tear up easier. Doesn't handle small branches well due to 8" tine spacing.
Excellent description of what each implement effectively does.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana

Thank you for that write up. That helped me understand it's uses much better.. I think I need to add one to my collection....

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
The question makes no sense. It's like asking: "I have a gun, what do I need a knife for?"

Mikeymotorbikey

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2022
North Branch, Minnesota
For what it's worth, I run a 6' King Kutter rake behind my B2601 with no problems.
I use it angled on the gravel driveway to pull the gravel to the center and as others have said for prepping lawn areas.
A 5'er seems way too small for an L2501.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
my BIL has Deere 3520 that uses 5' attachments to cover the rear tires. He bought a 5 footer which I thought was too small as well. I figured a 6 footer would be the way to go considering when you tilt it, it no longer covers 5' wide...