LandGlide app

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I know there are other apps. My question is specifically for those that use, or have tried this one.
How far off have you found the property lines to be?
Old house- the fence is 1 foot inside the surveyed property line. This app shows it several feet over the line.
Current home- shows an adjoining lots drain field about 10' into our property.
I know where the pipes are set on the corners of our land. It's a rectangle. I know how to use a compass. I just don't trust it to walk 1000' through the woods and give a near accurate location.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I know there are other apps. My question is specifically for those that use, or have tried this one.
How far off have you found the property lines to be?
Old house- the fence is 1 foot inside the surveyed property line. This app shows it several feet over the line.
Current home- shows an adjoining lots drain field about 10' into our property.
I know where the pipes are set on the corners of our land. It's a rectangle. I know how to use a compass. I just don't trust it to walk 1000' through the woods and give a near accurate location.
Most of those type apps use GIS survey (most you can find the source data if you look and most that have looked at them including huntx and some others all have same trouble…recent surveys not updated by locals. Unfortunately those (online map apps) are not the gospel, the actual survey is. Many local auditors use GIS map, which may be close but to a perfect match. Ours is off close to 20yrs from actual survey to what the map shows. (My east boundary is the township line as well which makes if funnier it’s off that much.)

Local auditors (at least mine) update them as new surveys are done but it’s not in real time. The property I just bought in 2017 finally got updated in the correct boundaries this year. Is that the worst case or best case comparable, I don’t know but mine was off quite a bit. Survey is the gospel, at least where I am at. (I think at best it is hit or miss if the lines are updated and close….my understanding from auditor is that the lines are stretched as approximately / close and overlayed on the Ariel map and then they update or increase accuracy as more recent surveys are completed, but there is a lag in time of course).

(Google maps uses same gis and is free…but sometimes you have to change a setting and or change the zoom to see the lines you are looking for.)

Last edited: