Land Pride box blade BB1248 question.

DirtbagSurfer

Equipment
BX1880, LA344, BB1248, F-350, Red Heeler.
Feb 14, 2024
Pacific Northwest
Just noticed what appear to be bolt holes in the rear of the BB1248 on the left and right. Anybody know what these are for? Not sure of the actual size, but a 3/8 bolt fit through pretty well. Originally, I figured I could put an eye bolt through one, and use it for dragging stuff but don't know if not doing it in tandem with a similar set-up on the opposite side would create some torquing shenanigans. Any ideas? Thank you.

Attachments

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I looked around and didn't see anything about them. I wonder if they are used to manufacture the unit?

Pretty sure you could use them to drag stuff... I would use both holes if used for a bunch of weight. For light pulls, your tractor should be able handle hooking to only one side.

Reactions: 1 users

DirtbagSurfer

Equipment
BX1880, LA344, BB1248, F-350, Red Heeler.
Feb 14, 2024
Pacific Northwest
I looked around and didn't see anything about them. I wonder if they are used to manufacture the unit?

Pretty sure you could use them to drag stuff... I would use both holes if used for a bunch of weight. For light pulls, your tractor should be able handle hooking to only one side.
I think you're probably right. Thanks, OT.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Just noticed what appear to be bolt holes in the rear of the BB1248 on the left and right. Anybody know what these are for? Not sure of the actual size, but a 3/8 bolt fit through pretty well. Originally, I figured I could put an eye bolt through one, and use it for dragging stuff but don't know if not doing it in tandem with a similar set-up on the opposite side would create some torquing shenanigans. Any ideas? Thank you.
Those are pre-drilled holes for the installation of aftermarket LED taillights and turn signals. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Probably used to hang the bare steel box as it gets powder coat 'paint' sprayed and heated.....
The BX23S bucket has similar holes...

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The only holes in the bucket of my BX23S are the bottom of the front edge for the optional bucket stiffening bar. I am quite confident that the bucket was hung from those holes and ran through the oven untill it was fully baked. I prefer paint to powder coating.

Reactions: 1 user