LA534 on B2650 Control Refurbish/Modification

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I have about 1100hrs on my B and a lot of it has been using the front loader.

I've had a couple issues with the hydraulic control lever linkage not staying on the pivot arm inside the control box.

The first time I dug into this, I had to take off the gray cover panel, and that's a chore in itself so I modified it this go-around.

The rear linkage that pivots on the arm for the bucket dump would slide off the pivot post.
These two post's sit at about a 40 degree downward angle, so gravity is working against ya.

First time looking into this, I found that during assembly, the pin that keeps the arm attached to the control lever didn't get installed correctly; they installed the arm above the pin and hadn't placed the keeper in the end to keep it secured. (you'll see safety wire acting as the keeper in the pictures)

This time, the arm was again sliding off the pivot post, and there's a flush fit on the end, not allowing for a keeper pin or other source of retention to be added (I suppose an option might be to add about a 1/4" of weld and drill and keeper pin it...but having priced out these parts at the dealership, I wanted the least regretful mod I could think of - well over $300 for just some of the parts!!!!!!!!!!)

So........

I center drilled the post's and used safety wire for the retention.
Thought about drill/tap aptoopn to add a retaining washer/bolt, but didn't want to lessen the strength integrity of the post any more than I had to.

Going to self tap a thicker rubber mat over the cut-out on the grey cover panel later today....but having that access sure makes this job a lot easier!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user