LA526 Loader Repair Service

fonzie40

Equipment
L2501
May 31, 2024
Michigan
I bought a new l2501 last October (2023) and have the KTAC Insurance. I haven't really used it that much until this year September when I took it up to the family farm and was making a small bridge across the low area using my grapple and bucket when I noticed when I was switching between the two that I couldn't attach them anymore. The plates seem to be out of alignment! So I took it to a dealer and they said that the quick attach had gotten bent and it had to be replaced which is covered by the ktac insurance. I called them the day before they said it was to be done only to find out they hadn't received the quick attach and that it was back ordered by Kubota and they wouldn't have it till January. I asked them what was up as it is a brand new tractor (1 year old) and now I'm going to be making payments on a tractor I can't even use. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do? I told him they might as well come get the tractor if I can't use it and I'll stop making payments. I am frustrated what should I do?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I bought a new l2501 last October (2023) and have the KTAC Insurance. I haven't really used it that much until this year September when I took it up to the family farm and was making a small bridge across the low area using my grapple and bucket when I noticed when I was switching between the two that I couldn't attach them anymore. The plates seem to be out of alignment! So I took it to a dealer and they said that the quick attach had gotten bent and it had to be replaced which is covered by the ktac insurance. I called them the day before they said it was to be done only to find out they hadn't received the quick attach and that it was back ordered by Kubota and they wouldn't have it till January. I asked them what was up as it is a brand new tractor (1 year old) and now I'm going to be making payments on a tractor I can't even use. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do? I told him they might as well come get the tractor if I can't use it and I'll stop making payments. I am frustrated what should I do?
Post a picture or two. You probably don't need new parts, just straighten the cross bar. It's a common occurrence.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
There are a few threads here on the subject and videos on YouTube. I had a mishap several months back, bent mine, bent it back good enough to work in an about 10 minutes. Tweaked it closer when I got back to home/shop. It still isn’t perfect but it’s 100% functional and it’s a tractor not a jet, so that’s good with me.

I’d bend it back to functionality, keep running it, and if you want a new SSQA plate when the dealer gets it in, take them the tractor and let them swap it while you wait.

One method:

Another method:

Third method: (Couldn’t find a video. This is the one I used to get it roughed in enough to work while still out in the woods.) Find a fixed object that you can engage with the forward-most side of the SSQA plate while not interfering with the movement of the other side of the SSQA plate. A large tree would work, but if you want to avoid scarring the bark, temporarily nail a 2x6 or something on the tree to protect it. With no bucket, forks, etc. on the loader, put the forward-most side of the SSQA plate flat against the tree/fixed object. Lock the brakes and if you have a ground engaging implement on the three point (such as a boxblade, backhoe outriggers, etc.) put the rear implement on the ground. Curl down (dump) carefully. That should force the side that’s not against the tree/fixed object to move forward while the fixed side stays still, bending the plate back straight. You may have to fiddle with it for a bit to get it close enough for all your implements to fit, particularly if you haven’t straightened similar stuff before.

Like I said before, mine still isn’t “perfect”. It works 100% like it did before with the grapple and forks. The bucket is less forgiving; a much closer tolerance fit. For the bucket, I pick it up slightly off the ground unlatched, roll it ALL the way back against the stops, and then engage the latches. The last little bit it needs is taken up when the hydraulics pull both sides in against the stops.

I bent mine when a limb came through the back of the grapple and lifted the right side latch, unlatching it. I had a rather heavy off center tree/log/mess in it at the time and the grapple came off the right side with all that mess clamped in it. I have since made a tie down for the latches to prevent a repeat. There are a variety of ways to do that. Recommend doing one of them if that sort of accidental unlatching was the origin of your problem. This is what I did.
IMG_2708.jpeg

Edit: BTW, understand the sentiment of stopping payments due to lack of part availability, but that’s more likely to create additional problems for you and no one else.

That and if you have a local welding shop or independent farm equipment/tractor repair shop nearby, they can likely fix it for you in less than a day.

Reactions: 1 user