LA211 Loader Attachment Issue

JRPeck

Equipment
BX2230 with LA211 FEL
Jul 25, 2024
Virginia
I have a BX2230 with LA211 FEL. The loader has been off the tractor for many months. When I re-attached it yesterday I made a real idiot move: I hadn't realized that because the loader was on uneven terrain it didn't match up properly to the brackets on the tractor. The left side aligned correctly in the mounting bracket--and from my seat, it looked like the right side aligned right as well. I hopped out the left side, put the pin in the left side bracket the went around to the right side and saw that the right side was not in the bracket. Pics attached showing both sides.

Long story short: After a couple hours of fiddling around, I can't get the pin out of the left bracket and can't get the right bracket to align, even applying leverage. I suspect the biggest problem is the hydraulic pressure not allowing movement, so my thinking is to drain the fluid from the line in the right arm and perhaps detach the piston--that this should permit enough movement to the arm.

Is that the best course of action?

Hoping someone here has some productive thoughts.

Thanks,
JRP
Left Side.jpg Right Side.jpg

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
You should be able to get it connected properly using a combination of deftly applied hydraulic control , kicking with boot, and four letter words. I just applied this technique yesterday to the same issue. Its been very dry here and I had not removed the loader to mow in several weeks. Somehow I had forgotten how to reattach the thing. It seemed magical when it went together. I could not explain how it was done either. I consider it similar to how the Jedi apply "The Force". Try not to think about it. Good luck.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I wouldn't break the hydraulic lines, but I would try using a floor jack and some wood to get it into place. I used to have the same problem with my BX22. Once it was so bad that I pulled the pins on the upright part and removed it that way. Once off I dragged it to a flat level surface and put it back together.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a BX2230 with LA211 FEL. The loader has been off the tractor for many months. When I re-attached it yesterday I made a real idiot move: I hadn't realized that because the loader was on uneven terrain it didn't match up properly to the brackets on the tractor. The left side aligned correctly in the mounting bracket--and from my seat, it looked like the right side aligned right as well. I hopped out the left side, put the pin in the left side bracket the went around to the right side and saw that the right side was not in the bracket. Pics attached showing both sides.

Long story short: After a couple hours of fiddling around, I can't get the pin out of the left bracket and can't get the right bracket to align, even applying leverage. I suspect the biggest problem is the hydraulic pressure not allowing movement, so my thinking is to drain the fluid from the line in the right arm and perhaps detach the piston--that this should permit enough movement to the arm.

Is that the best course of action?

Hoping someone here has some productive thoughts.

Thanks,
JRP
View attachment 133457 View attachment 133458
Shut the engine off and operate the controls to relieve hydraulic pressure. Then attack with jacks and pry bars.

Dan