L4400 keeps crapping out

Goose Eye Farm

Equipment
2005 Kubota L4400
Jul 3, 2024
Maine
Hi
I'm new to this forum and I am having issues with my L4400. Recently I had just toped up the fuel in it, I only use a certain diesel vendor because I have had issues with other places. I am York raking my field due to a flood and ground height irregularities that happened when it bogs out and dies. It restarts briefly and dies. I limp it back to the garage and change out the fuel filter which seems fine but change anyway. Bleed system and still won't run longer than a few seconds. I go into the house and come back in the am and it starts right up and runs perfectly for about 10 minutes, bogs down and dies. I talked to my friend at the dealership after completing all the preliminary checks for being air bound, all good. I repeat starting and get starts and dies. I replace the fuel pump, clean all fuel lines looking for Alge build up, none, bleed system, starts and runs perfect for bout 10 minutes and dies. UGH! My thoughts are maybe something in fuel tank that moves around and clogs output port then after sitting floats away? I am hoping it is not an injector pump. I have not pulled the tank yet and hope not to, but
Any thoughts?
Thanks, and Happy 4th O July
Frustrated Farmer Bruce

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I know nothing about your tractor, but could this be an "electrical gremlin"?

Like possibly a relay that gets "funky" when it gets warm?

Is there a way to put in a "temporary fuel supply" just to rule it out?

Like I said, just "spit balling"

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Bite the bullet, pencil in a long day, PULL THE TANK and PROPERLY clean it out. BTDT.
You can keep wasting time changing filters and lift pumps and STILL not FIX the problem.

In my case, 200hrs on BX23S ,pulled tank and found a sliver of black plastic IN the 'fuel exit spigot' ! Dang HARD to see. Flushed with water 3x, then winter ww fluid 2x, lots of air, then baked in sun for 2-3 hours. ZERO issues after that, over 1000+ hrs.....
Also installed a 'cold brew Mason jar filter' in the tank filler neck.

Reactions: 1 user

Goose Eye Farm

Equipment
2005 Kubota L4400
Jul 3, 2024
Maine
I know nothing about your tractor, but could this be an "electrical gremlin"?

Like possibly a relay that gets "funky" when it gets warm?

Is there a way to put in a "temporary fuel supply" just to rule it out?

Like I said, just "spit balling"
Thanks, It does seem to be some electrical issue as the fuel shutoff solenoid does get hot when it s starting to shut down and sometimes the ignition key is dead and the battery is fine, I Know for a fact.
I know with electrics it's not fixing it, easy, it's finding it 😬