L4330 trouble

Jpoman

Equipment
L4330
Jun 30, 2024
Oklahoma
Good day, recently my L4330 started shutting off after running about 30 minutes. It will start back up after less than a minute. After that the time between shut offs gets less and less.
I've replaced the fuel solenoid and seat switch so far. It has 1300 hrs.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Have you verified how much fuel is getting from the tank to the injector pump?

Process something like remove the fuel line that goes into pump and drain tank for several minutes to see how much fuel is delivered can be used.

Is there a lift pump involved? Does it do this with the tank full or only when tank is lower than half?

Does the tractor have a water separator? Has it been cleaned? If there is one, things get clogged in the inlet side elbow.

Look at the fuel tank vent for some clog that causes a vacuum in the tank?

It certainly sounds like a fuel supply issue.

Jpoman

Equipment
L4330
Jun 30, 2024
Oklahoma
Have you verified how much fuel is getting from the tank to the injector pump?

Process something like remove the fuel line that goes into pump and drain tank for several minutes to see how much fuel is delivered can be used.

Is there a lift pump involved? Does it do this with the tank full or only when tank is lower than half?

Does the tractor have a water separator? Has it been cleaned? If there is one, things get clogged in the inlet side elbow.

Look at the fuel tank vent for some clog that causes a vacuum in the tank?

It certainly sounds like a fuel supply issue.
Thanks Mr. King,
I've checked the fuel delivery to the injector pump.
I failed to mention in my initial post that there is a distinct click when it stops, (I think it's the fuel solenoid), then I turn the key off and back on to start position and hear (2) clicks, one immediately, and then when I hear the second one it will start. To me, its like a relay coil is breaking down or something but thought maybe someone else had had this problem. I bought the tractor new, shop kept, and have had no problems till now.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Good day, recently my L4330 started shutting off after running about 30 minutes. It will start back up after less than a minute. After that the time between shut offs gets less and less.
I've replaced the fuel solenoid and seat switch so far. It has 1300 hrs.
Check the Hydrostat foot pedal safety switch to see if it is coming apart. They have a habit of the plastic switch coming loose from the metal body.