L3902 price used

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
With a starting price of 0ver 25K for an L3902DT... I would think it's a steal. Or it's stolen.

Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'd usually advise against buying a machine without a loader, as they can be hard to find and add later. But with a machine that new you could just buy a new loader.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have found a L3902DT with 77 hours. Looks like new. Has cutter and box blade but no loader or bumper. Is $15500 a good price?
If you later buy the OEM Kubota loader, you will likely spend $9K additional,..... installed.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I have found a L3902DT with 77 hours. Looks like new. Has cutter and box blade but no loader or bumper. Is $15500 a good price?
For me personally, I would not have a tractor without a loader. But I suppose that is a personal thing.

In my case, its actually "the reason" I wanted a tractor in the first place. They are so cool!!!!!

I have not been in the market lately, but that sounds like a pretty stripped down machine.

I think the bigger question is, "What do you want/plan to do with it?"

If you have "loader work" on your list, then I think you should keep looking. The box blade to me, is not a "significant enough" accessory to make me jump.

But again thats only a personal opinion based upon "my" needs/wants.

Edit: I suppose the "counter argument" is that maybe you have a 3 mile drive way and only need/want the tractor-BB for driveway maintenance and the DT transmission is a "Plus" for you.

A 'quick look" at the Kubota "builder" site, it appears a new base model is about 25K, so 15K seems like a significant savings.

Either way, good luck! 🍻

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
IF you need/want a loader, look into how much that will cost to add before deciding if it's a good deal. A loader will likely be 4-5k extra.
An OEM loader, including dealer installation, will not be nearly that cheap, IMHO.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
For me personally, I would not have a tractor without a loader. But I suppose that is a personal thing.

In my case, its actually "the reason" I wanted a tractor in the first place. They are so cool!!!!!

I have not been in the market lately, but that sounds like a pretty stripped down machine.

I think the bigger question is, "What do you want/plan to do with it?"

If you have "loader work" on your list, then I think you should keep looking. The box blade to me, is not a "significant enough" accessory to make me jump.

But again thats only a personal opinion based upon "my" needs/wants.

Edit: I suppose the "counter argument" is that maybe you have a 3 mile drive way and only need/want the tractor-BB for driveway maintenance and the DT transmission is a "Plus" for you.

A 'quick look" at the Kubota "builder" site, it appears a new base model is about 25K, so 15K seems like a significant savings.

Either way, good luck! 🍻
If the OP is at all concerned about future resale, he should add a loader or just buy a tractor with a loader.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If the OP is at all concerned about future resale, he should add a loader or just buy a tractor with a loader.
Most, who are considering such a bare tractor buy, do not appreciate/understand your advice.
They just see the cheap tractor price.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Most, who are considering such a bare tractor buy, do not appreciate/understand your advice.
They just see the cheap tractor price.
I understand what you say all too well. I bought my first tractor in 2000 new, but no loader. In 2001, I sent it back to the dealer to get a loader installed.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
I'd be really careful. Loader or no loader, there is a reason it's priced so cheaply and at least 90% of those possible reasons aren't good for you.