L3800 hydraulics options?

mcp

Sep 11, 2013
Virginia
Still figuring out everything I want before I place my order.

I know I want a quick connect hydraulics up front, as we have a grapple bucket we can use on it. Do I need (or should I get) connections in the rear? I don't know if or when I might use them, or actually what I would need to get if I did. I just know its probably easier/smarter to do it when I place the order, than try and set something up after I have the tractor. (or am I wrong?)

Any suggestions?

One dealer said it was $800 to install the up front connections, another said $1000 - but he said they install rear connections, and then pipe them to the front from there. Not sure if that is the way they all do it or what. Had not talked to the first guy again yet to see if they did the rear as well in that price.

Obviously it would be nice to have a setup on the rear for if/when we would ever need to use it, or have an implement that worked on hydraulics. At this point we are probably only using a rotary cutter, and manual scraper blade on the rear.

Trying to learn exactly what I need so I know what to ask next time I talk to them. Thanks for any input! :)

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I know, my problem is I don't know if I'll ever actually need them...and if I decide I do need them, what to actually order.
Well, if you think you might need them later, get them now. It will be inconvenient and likely cost more to do it later.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would get them if it was mine. I added rear remotes to my L3000 and it's now turned into a great hay raking tractor. Pulls my V-rake like a champ.

If you go ahead and add them now the price will be figured in on the payment and you won't hardly even notice the difference. Add them later and it will be 1K out of pocket in one lick. Yeah I know it costs the same but a few dollars each month is easier to swallow.