L3750: hydraulic oil filter clogged?

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
Hey guys,

The Easy Checker light on the dash of my L3750 is telling me the hydraulic oil filter is clogged.

What's the easy fix for this? I found the filter and thought about pulling, draining, cleaning, etc. but don't I have to drain all the fluid before I do that? I don't want it leaking all over the place ...

The filter was just changed a few months ago, along with fresh fluid, and I haven't run the tractor much at all since, so maybe there's another issue?

Any thoughts/input/advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you sure the light is for the hydraulic fluid?

I'm not saying your wrong, it's just that my L3450 has one for the air but not hydraulic?

Can you take a picture of the lamp?

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
I'll double check tomorrow and take a picture, but I'm fairly certain it's the hydraulic oil filter light, as illustrated in the service manual in front of me here ...

turck

Equipment
m5140, JD2020, ford 850, farmal 240
Apr 20, 2013
carthage, ny usa
Hey guys,

The Easy Checker light on the dash of my L3750 is telling me the hydraulic oil filter is clogged.

What's the easy fix for this? I found the filter and thought about pulling, draining, cleaning, etc. but don't I have to drain all the fluid before I do that? I don't want it leaking all over the place ...

The filter was just changed a few months ago, along with fresh fluid, and I haven't run the tractor much at all since, so maybe there's another issue?

Any thoughts/input/advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
It may in fact be a clogged filter, but don't rule out a bad sensor. I have a case wheel loader at work that had the same issue and turned out to be the sensor. We first changed the filter but the light continued to come on periodically so we changed the sensor and wahlah!

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
This must have been cold weather related, because I went out to take a photo of the light in this nice weather we're having, and it wasn't on. Problem solved, I guess, for now ...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would bet you've got a heavy fluid in it, my L3450 is a little sluggish when it hits 0 and below and I have good fluid in mine.
If you need better cold weather performance go to Super UDT2 fluid. ;)

DVoss

Equipment
L4150
Jun 24, 2016
Zimmerman, MN
I would bet you've got a heavy fluid in it, my L3450 is a little sluggish when it hits 0 and below and I have good fluid in mine.
If you need better cold weather performance go to Super UDT2 fluid. ;)
I put Mystic JT-5 in a unit, and after 3 hours of moving snow (bucket and 3 point) the new owner she the engine needed to be rev'ed up to get the hydraulics moving. She thought it was low, I said the fluid temp was probably high. Fluid level was OK.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I use Mystik JT-5 is all of my equipment and have had great luck with it, but it is thinner than stock UDT and if the pump or hydraulic clutch seals, or any other seals are failing then it can really show the problem.
I had a bad internal pump seal and would loose drive and steering when it got too cold, then after the repair it was good to go.

Last edited: