L345

DMP-1980

Equipment
Kubota
Sep 1, 2024
SC
Looking at buying a 88 l345 with 1500 hrs. Ive only seen pictures so far. Tractor looks to be clean and well kept. Owner says everything operates properly.

Anything in particular i should be looking for with this model?

Thanks

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Hmm.
According to Tractor Data the L345 was only made between 1978-1985. So, either it's not an 88 model, or Tractor Data is wrong, or it's not an L345. . .

That would cause me to start asking more questions right there.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have a L185 which is a similar vintage and same family of tractors.

The only problem with them is the lack of parts availability for some of the key parts, like the head. I believe the L345 has a water pump system which is good to prevent overheating. But the heads are easily cracked by any overheating episode. On the other hand many of the parts are still available for the maintenance items.

Also the fuel tanks can rust out and start leaking fuel.

You will not be able to get any front end loader to add onto the tractor. So if it doesn’t have one, then assume that you will never get one.

If the serial nameplate is there in English it is a valid imported tractor. If the serial nameplate is missing or is in Japanese then it is a gray market version. That means that the dealers can’t support it if they know it is gray market. Search on information about that just to be aware of what happened in the past with imports.

I like mine and am glad I bought it, and it was inexpensive. They are old school and easy to maintain so that is definitely a plus.

There are some used parts dealers and some people even buy an extra tractor for the parts.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Looking at buying a 88 l345 with 1500 hrs. Ive only seen pictures so far. Tractor looks to be clean and well kept. Owner says everything operates properly.

Anything in particular i should be looking for with this model?

Thanks
Here is an ad for a different tractor that showed up recently. It is in Florida somewhere so may be too far away. May not be large enough.

It looks to be in near showroom condition.