L3400 / LA463 Control valve leaking

nhinze

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, L3400
Apr 6, 2010
Central VA
The two black cylinders at the bottom of my control valve seem to be leaking. From the nparts diagram, it doesn't seem like I can just change those out. Any tips? See attached picture.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The two black cylinders at the bottom of my control valve seem to be leaking. From the nparts diagram, it doesn't seem like I can just change those out. Any tips? See attached picture.
Those cylinders are steel covers that fit over the mechanism that controls tje action of tje spools. The oil would be leaking past the shaft seals inside the covers. The seals are replaceable but the R&R process can be a bit tricky if you are not familiar with the mechanism.

Dan

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
If my tractor is NOT leaking oil somewhere... I worry that I'm out of oil. My FEL controls seeps in the same general location, I just blow compress air to clean it off.

They are just caps (pretty sure) if you remove them, I would be surprise if they are full of oil. My guess is oil is leaking above them and dripping onto them.

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If my tractor is NOT leaking oil somewhere... I worry that I'm out of oil. My FEL controls seeps in the same general location, I just blow compress air to clean it off.

They are just caps (pretty sure) if you remove them, I would be surprise if they are full of oil. My guess is oil is leaking above them and dripping onto them.
That's what they say about the old radial aircraft engines. Start worrying when they stop dripping.

Reactions: 1 user