L3130 HST PTO Pipe replacement

randy c

Equipment
L3130, woods loader, box blade, squealer bush hog and rake
Mar 1, 2016
Covington, LA
What is the best way to replace the PTO pipe on my L3130 HST? I removed the broken one by removing the broken HST filter bracket and filter, 2 pieces of linkage next to the filter, the seat and base and still had to almost straighten the pipe to get it out. It goes over the transmission to the other side and terminates with a banjo fitting. I decided to check with the forum before I did major damage unlike the first time I checked with you.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Randy - trust me, I'm not the guy with your answer, but your description had me confused as to the part(s) you're working with/on.

Post a couple of pictures, might help get a quicker and better answer.

Best of luck!:)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Reminds me of replacing one of the hydraulic pipes on a B series tractor. There are 2 ways to do it. The correct way, and the shortcut way. The shortcut way is to pull just enough stuff out of the way to be able to bend the pipe around the HST links, but in bending it, eventually it will fail at the banjo joints The correct way is to remove the fender, floor, all HST linkages, brake pedals, other pipes and if it's got a loader, the loader frame. Much more time consuming but it's the only way to perform a proper repair.

I suspect this is similar predicament you're into. And the correct way would be to disassemble it enough to get enough access for replacement. I have an idea which pipe you're speaking of, and it's a pain to have to replace.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you don't have it already I'll send you a link to download the WSM might help in ironing out what needs removed and how to do it.

randy c

Equipment
L3130, woods loader, box blade, squealer bush hog and rake
Mar 1, 2016
Covington, LA
Thanks guys. Lugbolt, it is as similar as it gets. Wolfman, I got your WSM. Thanks. Now I just have to learn how to use it. I'm going through it page by page until I find something about hydraulic line or pto line. Is there a main table of contents or index?

Thanks,

Randy