L305DT Drag link

Loboracer

Equipment
L305DT
Jul 4, 2024
Fair Grove, Missouri
Hello everyone!,
So I have an L305dt with sloppy drag link ends. I was surprised to see that the ends are not replaceable. Where do you guys go to find such replacements as the part is no longer made?
#35330-43960 COMP LINK

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think you may be able to buy ends that fit the sockets. Then you could get a rod machined to thread the new ends onto or weld them onto the existing or new rod.

Try asking around at auto parts stores or auto repair shops for ends that have the same taper. I would also ask at the Kubota parts desk if they can suggest something similar

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
I think you may be able to buy ends that fit the sockets. Then you could get a rod machined to thread the new ends onto or weld them onto the existing or new rod.

Try asking around at auto parts stores or auto repair shops for ends that have the same taper. I would also ask at the Kubota parts desk if they can suggest something similar
Where are you going to find an auto parts store person who even knows how to pull up a rod end without putting application into the computer.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Where are you going to find an auto parts store person who even knows how to pull up a rod end without putting application into the computer.
Small towns, older establishments sometimes have some people who have some knowledge. Napa may even have some data base on Kubota. They helped me replace u-joints on a PTO shaft by using the measurements from the old part.

It does take a lot more effort than in the past though.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take the drag link to NAPA they should be able to match the ends, then weld the new ends on your rod.

Reactions: 1 users

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Unfortunately even napa by me has gone down hill. Manager, whom I actually grew up with, left to run parts at new kubota dealer.
I remember when I was selling auto parts, 35 yrs ago, I would spend hours with a micrometer and catalogs helping people with special projects. I even helped one regular customer rebuild a 2 seater helicopter by matching u joints and other parts.

• Love