L295DT No Start

Soiled

Equipment
L295DT
Aug 16, 2024
29 Palms
After posting on a leaking steering actuator and clunking Rt rear wheel I now have a new problem. 😢 It won’t start. Nada, nothing. Battery good. Cables good. Top 10 amp fuse out. Check wiring diagram in service manual and states for ignition. Ok, so the keyed switch was starting to spin around when turning it to the first position. Maybe some wires crossed behind the panel and shorted it. Remove the screws to the panel, lift it up to where I can pull out switch assembly. Wires are fine and securely attached to the switch. However there is an individual blue/white wire and an individual blue/red wire both capped off but with their outer insulation worn in a couple of places….????? So I wrap those with electrical tape in case they came in contact with each other or grounded against the frame. Try again to start and nothing, not even a peep. Fuse intact. I do have a volt meter but clueless on how to check the switch with it. What’s even more of a nightmare is the frayed wiring to and behind the hour meter when I looked at that. But I digress. 🥴

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I posted a wiring diagram under this thread

Do you have the second starter/glow plug switch or has the main switch been replaced with some automotive type key switch?

Do you know know how to use a wire or screwdriver to bypass the switch (jump) the starter?