L2900 - 1000 Hour Service Items?

Clutch

Equipment
L2900, RTV500
Oct 21, 2024
NY - USA
Hello everyone.

New to the forum, and to Kubota tractors (but not tractors in general)

Recently agreed to buy a L2900 that has close to 1100 hours on it. I am not completely sure of the maintenance history, so once I get it home I figure its time to start hitting up all of the items that should be sorted out on a machine that you dont know anything about. Was hoping some folks here could help correct/amend the list in case I am leaving anything out of it. Also would appreciate any known bits and bobs for this series that I should either evaluate or replace early or keep an eye on. I know this is a bit of an older machine, but I figure that works to my advantage with less complexity, as long as parts are still available.

So here is what I am thinking I need to do:

• Obtain Owners Manual, Parts Manual, and WSM.
  • Change Engine Oil and Filter (I have a pail or two of 15w-40, figure that's good here? Or is this one of those 10w-30 diesels?)
  • Change Transmission Oil and Filter (Thinking of Delvac Tractor Hydraulic Fluid since I have it. Have a partial bottle of SUTD2 from the RTV, but not sure if the glide shift transmission in the L2900 will like the different fluid)
  • Change Fuel Filter/treat fuel
  • Grease everything up
Anything else Im obviously missing? I think that on this machine the power steering and loader are all off the same pump/sump, so don't need to change out different systems. Any obvious o rings I should buy or seals/gaskets when doing the above maintenance that don't typically come with the filters? What is the consensus on crossing filters here? NAPA equivalent OK, or stick with the OEM? (not to start a debate....)

Thanks in advance!

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I would do everything Kubota has on there list for 1,000hrs and less.

Daily Maintenance Check Points:

• Tire pressure, wear or damage
  • Oil or water leakage from tractor or implement
  • Engine and transmission oil, radiator and recovery tank, coolant and fuel level
  • Damage to tractor body, tightness of all bolts, nuts and pins
  • Implement and accessory blades and belts for wear and damage
  • Parking brake, speed control lever, all safety switches and easy checker functions
  • Abnormal noise or vibrations
  • Daily cleaning – radiator screen and core, panel and hood screens, air cleaner primary element
General Check Points Maintenance Table:
all items for all hours up to 1,000 (see table above)

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Owners manual, Yes
Parts manual NO, the printed manuals are out of date and number have changed.
Go here instead: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
WSM (aka service manual), envelope top right

15w 40 is fine as long as it's diesel rated.

Being that it's a GST you need to stay with SUDT2 if you want it to keep shifting properly.
GST's are very picky about fluid

You forgot Air filters

You need to also drain and refill the front axle.
Red the OPM or WSM as most front axles have several drain plugs
And the main sump will have several drain plugs too.

Oil filter you can cross
Would not cross Hydraulic filters, Use OEM.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Depending on your dust conditions, it could be every 10hrs on your outer air filter.
Oh yea, forgot the radiator, blow out with a leaf blower or compressed air, just do not damage your fins.

Clutch

Equipment
L2900, RTV500
Oct 21, 2024
NY - USA
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the quick replies and assistance. I'll read through the manuals before coming back with too many more questions...hopefully. I have an extended reach blow gun that I can use to get in by the radiator pretty, and thought about getting an air comb also at some point, but should work to get them cleaned out.

For the air filters, looks like the inner is NLA from Kubota? But I see a cross for Wix. Any issues using that? I know its a safety filter, so not sure if its a huge deal.

Also, I need to get the machine hauled. I see the info for it on Tractor Data, but need to get an idea of weight, length, etc. Any idea if what is listed there includes the loader, or just the machine itself?