L2501 64 in bucket

Firedog

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Oct 23, 2024
McKeesport
I have a row of holes on the front of the 64 inch bucket. They look factory drilled and spaced. I’m not sure if I should pick up a toothed blade to protect the front of the bucket. I have zero experience, except the 4 hours of seat time. Not including the online research that has me confused. I’d like to protect the bucket if possible and I will be moving piles of fill, that includes chunks of asphalt, concrete, stone. Then grading it the best I can. I see a few toothed blades online and was wondering if all the holes would match on the aftermarket ones or should I visit my local dealer for one.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I have a row of holes on the front of the 64 inch bucket. They look factory drilled and spaced. I’m not sure if I should pick up a toothed blade to protect the front of the bucket. I have zero experience, except the 4 hours of seat time. Not including the online research that has me confused. I’d like to protect the bucket if possible and I will be moving piles of fill, that includes chunks of asphalt, concrete, stone. Then grading it the best I can. I see a few toothed blades online and was wondering if all the holes would match on the aftermarket ones or should I visit my local dealer for one.
You can probably get a reversible bolt-on edge from you dealer, just need the bucket part number. Or, get a straight, toothed or serrated edge aftermarket. You'll need to measure the length (add maybe a little to protect the bucket corners), hole spacing, and hole size. It'll be a special order.

I reversed mine and it's starting to show a little wear near the ends already. I haven't used it very much, and that's all dirt, no rock, so I definitely recommend one.

Reactions: 1 user

Firedog

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Oct 23, 2024
McKeesport
Much a
You can probably get a reversible bolt-on edge from you dealer, just need the bucket part number. Or, get a straight, toothed or serrated edge aftermarket. You'll need to measure the length (add maybe a little to protect the bucket corners), hole spacing, and hole size. It'll be a special order.

I reversed mine and it's starting to show a little wear near the ends already. I haven't used it very much, and that's all dirt, no rock, so I definitely recommend one.
much appreciated. Thank you

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have the Piranha. Increases performance digging and cutting through roots in addition to protecting the factory edge. I haven’t beat on a lot of large rocks or chunks of concrete with it so can’t say how it would hold up to that. I know it’s good with potato size rocks. Took less than 30 minutes to install.

IMG_2094.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Firedog

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Oct 23, 2024
McKeesport
I have the Piranha. Increases performance digging and cutting through roots in addition to protecting the factory edge. I haven’t beat on a lot of large rocks or chunks of concrete with it so can’t say how it would hold up to that. I know it’s good with potato size rocks. Took less than 30 minutes to install.

View attachment 140559
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback

View attachment 140559
Thank you for the advice. So it just slips over the front edge and bolts on the sides of the bucket ?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I made this one. It was relatively easy/fun to make.

Honestly, I only made it cause I thought it looked cool... :giggle:

Recently I was digging a pile of dirt with the regular blade when it dawned on me that I had made this thing, and it was just sitting there in the barn.

So I put it on and WOW...it made a huge difference.

It slips over the edge and is bolted onto the sides as well.

20220714_140308.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user