L245DT engine problem

billcrapser

Equipment
L245DT
May 10, 2010
Cheyenne, WY
I have a 1977 L245DT (2500 hours). A couple of years ago it started to get fuel into the oil. I took it in to our local dealer and they replaced the injection pump, the injectors, and put new bearings in the engine. It ran great for about a year, but now I am back to fuel in the oil, coupled with no power. As soon as the engine comes under a load, even backing up a steep slope, the engine loses power. it doesn't appear to be smoking amnormally and both the air filter and fuel filter are new.

Any ideas?

Bill

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a 1977 L245DT (2500 hours). A couple of years ago it started to get fuel into the oil. I took it in to our local dealer and they replaced the injection pump, the injectors, and put new bearings in the engine. It ran great for about a year, but now I am back to fuel in the oil, coupled with no power. As soon as the engine comes under a load, even backing up a steep slope, the engine loses power. it doesn't appear to be smoking amnormally and both the air filter and fuel filter are new.

Any ideas?

Bill
I am betting your lift pump has failed and is both not pumping fuel and leaking into the crankcase.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada

Any ideas?

Bill
I am betting your lift pump has failed and is both not pumping fuel and leaking into the crankcase.