L2350dt loud knocking at high rpm

Quackaxel

Equipment
L2350DT
Sep 4, 2024
MT
So I recently acquired this tractor. Not sure if the year. It has 1116hrs on it. Seems to be In pretty good shape. Yesterday I ran down to the mail box and shifted into 8th gear. About 100' after I shifted the motor started to loose power and make a terrible knock. The power came right back and the knock stuck around for a few more mins, then went away when I got back to the shop.

I was in 4x4 and for some reason though it was coming from the front end. Turns out it wasn't showing on the stick so I added about a gallon to get it back to where it needs to be... Also added about 2 quarts to the engine to get it where it needed to be. When I bought it last week I checked the oil after it has been running so it appeared fine. The previous owner mentioned he changed it recently.

So tonight I fire it up to run the garbage can down to the road and it seems fine at first. Then I shift into 8th again and shortly after it starts knocking again. When it starts you can almost feel it in the tractor. . I'm afraid I already know what everyone is going to say but....

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Take it out of 4WD.

A good practice is to only use 4WD when you need it. If there is good traction puts strain on the system when turning.