L1501DT front end

Tractorist

Oct 17, 2024
Moon
Hi all,
been reading this forum for a while, lots of good info ...

I'm rebuilding front axel lower cases, both sides.
I'm thinking my kubota will be sharing same oil between differential and lower cases. Because there is no O ring inside the bushing. Part number on L185DT would be 37650-43480 COLLAR,OIL SEAL.
How I know? Been watching on youtube ' tractors&marine MECHANIC ' they have lots of videos on my L1501DT.
Anyways, theirs bushing have O ring inside and mine inside is smooth, no O ring.

So the question would be, should I pour 0.8+0.8+1.1 Liters strait into the axel?
Will that be enoug oil becouse it will just go down in lower cases?
Hope I'm making sence here.

Last edited:

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
On the larger older L series they have an o-ring. Your machine does not. What I have done to slow the oil down when assembling put silicone on the inside of the collar. Once assembled this collar does not move up or down. I have found with 80W-90 gear oil the oil in the uppercase is relatively slow moving into the lower case. Most of the tractors that I take care of and service we check the oil levels once a year and the outer drives are only slightly over full. Drain oil down to the halfway point and fill up the center and you will be good to go.