kubota zd21 will crank but will not start

gino

Sep 13, 2009
calgary canada
Hello, I have a older model ZD21 with 150 hours (has been sitting for several years. Started and ran fine, even with the old fuel and no service, but then I had it runnning and I accidentaly lifted the arms up without the parking brake engaged the mower shut off. Then would not restrart, I drained all old fuel, changed the fuel filters, and ensured no air in the system. Fuel makes it all the way to the last hose, before the injectors, but when I loosened the injectors no fuel at all??????? Any suggestions would help

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Okay gino what's your serial number please and I will try to help on this one. Make sure the brake is set, the arms are all the way out, PTO is off and your are firmly in the seat. Turn your key to to preheat condition ( igntion pole 1 ) listen for the fuel pump klick as your preheat light goes out turn on over to ignition start and crank if your hear your lift pump continue to klick ( this is the little in line canister filter looking thing in line between the two in line filters) and if your fuel shut off solenoid is not grounded or its fuse blown ( look for fuse rack near the right side radiator shroud 5 fuse 10 3x15 & 20amp ) AND THE RED PAINTED SCREW IS NOT FORCED AGAINST THE hp INJECTION PUMP FUEL SHUT OFF BLOCK...you should START with auto ignition diesel compression as designed or your Injection Pump is in need of repair. My best guess with the info from your post info... come back with findings please. :)

gino

Sep 13, 2009
calgary canada
Thanks for the wisdom OBI1 you were right the injector pump is the problem, they tell me it can not be repaired and must be replaced to the tune of $800, does that sound right to you????

G