Kubota SVL95-2S Deleting the DEF System

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s, 080-3 Excavator , CASE D3 Track Loader
Hi Folks,
In the past three years, my SVL95 has gone through three DEF injectors ($1,800) and two NOX sensors ($1400). The NOX sensors go bad because the defective injector leaking on the NOX sensor.
Besides being frowned upon by the gov, what are the pros and con when you use a "professional proven" DEF delete kit? I found a Kubota dealer that said they would still work on it if the DEF system is deleted properly.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Operatiomally, there are no cons to circumventing that system on any diesel. None that I have ever heard of. The cat pee dose is the only problem I have ever had with any of mine.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
my opinion...
sounds like defective parts or bad design, that Kubota should be paying the bills on.
There are probably MILLIONS of vehicles with DEF systems in the USA alone, that do NOT need parts replaced after 3 years.
BTW, the 'computer' should have detected that bad sensor and either put engine into a safe 'limp' mode or 'no start' condition to PREVENT any damage.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
i'll offer what I know, and yall can use it for whatever it's worth. I ain't trying to talk anyone out of doing it, by the way, but I'm also not condoning "deleting" them.

Removing the devices requires a custom tune that will allow for a safe operation of the engine. "Safe" meaning the engine won't burn itself down, EGT won't get too high, nor too low, yet still make acceptable power (close to stock power level). The issue is this. The OEM's know what the tune is, they spend BILLIONS in hiring the real professionals (teams) to develop a program that works within all of the many constraints they have to work with. The development process costs a lot of money in all of it's many aspects, which is one of many reasons the replacement parts cost what they do. Now, consider this. Some "hack" (I'll use the term loosely, with respect because I cannot do what these guys can do) develops a "tune" that will "delete" the functions of the devices, yet they might miss the injector timing by 0.5 degrees, which results in a burned piston over time, or whatever. Remember, they are specifically built to work WITH the devices, and removing the devices also changes how the engine operates, which some of the tuners attempt to "correct"-sometimes with unintended results. Gale Banks did a Youtube segment on this recently (or--I recently saw it anyway) which reiterated what I've known for years/decades. You gain in one area (removal of the devices) but may lose elsewhere. So what am I saying? Be careful....that is all.