Kubota M9960 Muffler Sensor

Eutychus2

Equipment
M9960
Jun 29, 2024
Arkansas
The Kubota technician read the ECM and said I need to replace the Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 0 (zero), Black. The Kubota parts site says it is Sensor (Thermo,0) Black; 1J500-18500. I think I can order one online and do it myself. Can I expect the check engine light to then go off, tractor be able to regen the DPF, and everything be fine? Thoughts and advice appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can I expect the check engine light to then go off, tractor be able to regen the DPF, and everything be fine?
I don't have a concreate answer, but its unlikely.
Usually with sensors like that require the computers to be reset after a computer forced regen.
But your not doing any damage if you try replacing it and see if it works.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
had plenty of training on those but I will admit, the training wasn't stellar....anyway....

as I understand it, the ecu has a 'memory' in it, which 'remembers' how the engine has been running (reads all the sensors) for the last I think 10 cycles. Thus if the sensor in question is bad, the ecu will "think" that the sensor is still bad until it finally tries to read it. That can take a little while and in that time, the DPF temp is being "calculated" by the ecu rather than actually measured. I would be real careful about running it a lot without having the ecu reset. DPF's aren't exactly cheap. Neither are engines.