Kubota Land Pride SC4072 Mower Problems

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
I have a Kubota SC4072 mower that I run on my 2017 Kubota SVL95-2sc. I have been experiencing a possible back-pressure problem. The mower is running fine and the machine RPM's are running at 2480 and all of a sudden I get a drop in mower rpm's and engine rpm's. The engine rpm's drop around 100-150 rpm's. Further, the machine slows and I have to stop and let the machine and mower rpm's return to normal. It's like I hit a pile of dirt and it bogs down. I just went through the mower and found that the bolts holding the hydraulic pump were loose. Took them out, cleaned them, locktighted them and torqued them to 76ft/lbs per the manual. Problem is still there.

There is an in-line check valve between the two lines. i looked down the valve and there was no apparent damage. All the mower needed was a small amount of gear oil.

I'm really afraid to run the mower until I find an answer as I don't like having a back pressure issue like this.

Additional note: i just replaced my high flow couplers with Stucchi. My FAE mulcher does much better with these couplers. The temps are lower and the recovery of the drum seems to be much faster.

Bill T.
Mount Pleasant, TX

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have a Kubota SC4072 mower that I run on my 2017 Kubota SVL95-2sc. I have been experiencing a possible back-pressure problem. The mower is running fine and the machine RPM's are running at 2480 and all of a sudden I get a drop in mower rpm's and engine rpm's. The engine rpm's drop around 100-150 rpm's. Further, the machine slows and I have to stop and let the machine and mower rpm's return to normal. It's like I hit a pile of dirt and it bogs down. I just went through the mower and found that the bolts holding the hydraulic pump were loose. Took them out, cleaned them, locktighted them and torqued them to 76ft/lbs per the manual. Problem is still there.

There is an in-line check valve between the two lines. i looked down the valve and there was no apparent damage. All the mower needed was a small amount of gear oil.

I'm really afraid to run the mower until I find an answer as I don't like having a back pressure issue like this.

Additional note: i just replaced my high flow couplers with Stucchi. My FAE mulcher does much better with these couplers. The temps are lower and the recovery of the drum seems to be much faster.

Bill T.
Mount Pleasant, TX
Do you have a case drain on that mower? And a gauge on it?

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013

Bill T.
Mount Pleasant, TX

Bill T.
Mount Pleasant, TX
Also did you buy that mower with a high flow / low flow motor? I had a similar issue when I had my svl. Bought a mower for it that was suppose to be high flow had 3/4 hoses and couplers but was indeed a low flow motor. would pressure up and case drain hose would jump and lose momentum

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Yes on the case drain and the gauge is installed but doesn't work. Talked to Land Pride today and they are stumped.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Yes on the case drain and the gauge is installed but doesn't work. Talked to Land Pride today and they are stumped.
Not saying it is but sounds like my situation I ordered the same mower with high flow and I came with low flow. It was high flow 3/4 hoses and couplers. And basically found out I was over feeding it pressuring it up (because I thought it was high flow) it would hit the max and flow back through case drain. Trying adjusting your flow rate to lower setting on your Kubota see if that helps. Thats one thing I hated was the flow control setting they could have put gpm instead of numbers dont really know what your sending out. Just my opinion haha

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Also did you buy that mower with a high flow / low flow motor? I had a similar issue when I had my svl. Bought a mower for it that was suppose to be high flow had 3/4 hoses and couplers but was indeed a low flow motor. would pressure up and case drain hose would jump and lose momentum
It was suppose to be a high flow as the hoses were 3/4". The model number on the motor does not correspond to the number listed on Land Pride Parts manual. The number on my motor is Eaton 104-4840-006. Its a Char Lynn Eaton motor. The Land Pride parts manual number is a proprietary number. I've owned this mower for several years. I have not had a problem with it until now.

There is a check valve between the two lines, inflow and outflow prior to the motor and the case drain. I see no visible relief valve. I asked what that was for and got no answer.

I'll cross reference the motor model number on the Eaton Website.

Bill

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Not saying it is but sounds like my situation I ordered the same mower with high flow and I came with low flow. It was high flow 3/4 hoses and couplers. And basically found out I was over feeding it pressuring it up (because I thought it was high flow) it would hit the max and flow back through case drain. Trying adjusting your flow rate to lower setting on your Kubota see if that helps. Thats one thing I hated was the flow control setting they could have put gpm instead of numbers dont really know what your sending out. Just my opinion haha

I agree with not being able to see the actual flow rate and pressure. Such a goofy system. I'll try that tomorrow and see. I have an aux 1 setting on my that de-rates the high flow.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Good
I agree with not being able to see the actual flow rate and pressure. Such a goofy system. I'll try that tomorrow and see. I have an aux 1 setting on my that de-rates the high flow.
That was one of my biggest complaints but a beast of a machine. Good luck keep us posted

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Good

That was one of my biggest complaints but a beast of a machine. Good luck keep us posted
Just had an OH CRAP moment. Just found the specs on the Eaton hydraulic motor and just calculated the flow rate. I have the standard flow motor. 18-22gpm. YGTBSM! I think my motor's shot.

Bill T.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Just had an OH CRAP moment. Just found the specs on the Eaton hydraulic motor and just calculated the flow rate. I have the standard flow motor. 18-22gpm. YGTBSM! I think my motor's shot.

Bill T.
That’s too bad. Sorry to hear that. Same situation would have happened to me if I kept running it.