Kubota L3200

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi, I am thinking of buying the title tractor. Here is the data.
Used tractor I have found looks good and it has only cca 550 working hours. Its 2015. make.
The thing is that I will be bidding for it, without seeing it in person. Photos look good except the "floor" has paint rubbed off. See at the images. I have seen tractors with much more working hours with better floor paint. What kind of usage can get paint removed like that after only 550 hours?

What do you think what is realistic price for this model given year of the make and working hours (assuming they are true)?
Best wishes

Attachments

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Is this in the USA or Zagreb, Croatia where your profile says?

So, no FEL... Manual... which is not as desirable of a tractor over here...

Would be nice to see the front tires. They would show the most wear (if it was used in 4x4 on pavement).

Definitely someone was getting on and off a lot of times. Might have been used where gravel was, gravel gets into the lugs of boots, scrap across the center section. That is pretty excessive, wonder what it was used for?

I could see it go for $15k since all prices are nuts these days.

Last edited:

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi, this is in France, I would need to import it to Zagreb, Croatia. Here is a couple more pics.
Thanks for the estimate

Is this in the USA or Zagreb, Croatia where your profile says?

So, no FEL... Manual... which is not as desirable of a tractor over here...

Would be nice to see the front tires. They would show the most wear (if it was used in 4x4 on pavement).

Definitely someone was getting on and off a lot of times. Might have been used where gravel was, gravel gets into the lugs of boots, scrap across the center section. That is pretty excessive, wonder what it was used for?

I could see it go for $15k since all prices are nuts these days.

Attachments

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi, unfortunately I have lost in the bidding process. Now I have a chance to buy the same model in Germany. Actually there are 4 of them (all the same model L3200). Can you help me choose please?
Here is what I am choosing from:

year of manufacture 2016; 850 working hours; price $16 500
year of manufacture 2017; 650 working hours; price $17 600
year of manufacture 2017; 350 working hours; price $18 850
year of manufacture 2007; 600 working hours; price $12 600

Which would you choose? Assume I have the budget to get any of them, but of course I want the best buy.
Thanks in advance.

Looks to been driven in 2x4; lots of miles based on the rear tires...

(just joking) Might have been a mail tractor, getting on/off at every house!!!

Good luck with the purchase, let us know how it goes (y)

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Hi, unfortunately I have lost in the bidding process. Now I have a chance to buy the same model in Germany. Actually there are 4 of them (all the same model L3200). Can you help me choose please?
Here is what I am choosing from:

year of manufacture 2016; 850 working hours; price $16 500
year of manufacture 2017; 650 working hours; price $17 600
year of manufacture 2017; 350 working hours; price $18 850
year of manufacture 2007; 600 working hours; price $12 600

Which would you choose? Assume I have the budget to get any of them, but of course I want the best buy.
Thanks in advance.
I'd buy 2016 with 850 hours I think. It looks like best buying. That or the 2017 with 350 hours. They all seem fairly priced really (or at least, all priced where they belong given age and hours), so you could go either way. Low hours is nicer.

Reactions: 1 users

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Do you have any photos of the 2007? If it looks like it wasn't beat to heck... biggest bang for MY buck. I have a 2005 L2800 with 940 hours and it's going strong... There are plenty of older Kubota's kicking around...
Hi, yes I have photos of 2007. Kubota. If you don`t mind all the stickers 🙈 , it looks decent, what do you think? One important thing about the 2007. model. It was used for forest work and winch log skidding only, so might be abused? Photos don`t look like it was from what I can see. What is your opinion?

Attachments

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
In the USA, if the hydraulic filter is painted gray, it has not been changed from the factory. Once it's been changed, it's white.

Not sure what it is over in your neck of the woods (Zagreb, Croatia).

If it's the same, that tractor missed 200 hour and 400 hours changes. Not the end of the world, some don't change it that much....

Are all the tractors that you are looking at, gear driven (vs. HST or Hydrostatic driven)??

full 3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks for the info. Tractor is actually in Germany, I would need to haul it to Croatia. Yes, I am looking only at gear driven tractors. Someone once told me to stay away from Hydrostatic driven. Not sure why, except I have read somewhere that they lose some of the HP comparing to mechanical.

In the USA, if the hydraulic filter is painted gray, it has not been changed from the factory. Once it's been changed, it's white.

Not sure what it is over in your neck of the woods (Zagreb, Croatia).

If it's the same, that tractor missed 200 hour and 400 hours changes. Not the end of the world, some don't change it that much....

Are all the tractors that you are looking at, gear driven (vs. HST or Hydrostatic driven)??

View attachment 132478

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
According to Tractor Data, the L3200 was made (for USA market) in two editions. The 2009-2011 was made with D1703 engine, 8F4R gear transmission, and live PTO. The 2011-2014 edition used a smaller, higher-revving D1503 engine, added available hydrostatic transmission, and went to a transmission driven PTO. (TractorData is not infallible.)

I don't know your usage needs, but I like the higher torque engine in the older model, and the transmission-driven PTO would be a strong negative factor, for me.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
According to Tractor Data, the L3200 was made (for USA market) in two editions. The 2009-2011 was made with D1703 engine, 8F4R gear transmission, and live PTO. The 2011-2014 edition used a smaller, higher-revving D1503 engine, added available hydrostatic transmission, and went to a transmission driven PTO. (TractorData is not infallible.)

I don't know your usage needs, but I like the higher torque engine in the older model, and the transmission-driven PTO would be a strong negative factor, for me.
Interesting. I wonder what happened on European market. On the link you posted, I see visual design of the motor cover changed between the models in USA. In Europe the design remained the same ( the old one). Maybe the motor stayed the same. I will ask the seller about the live PTO.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Another question about wheels on this model. Most of them I saw with this kind of rear wheel.

1720641212496.png

However one of the tractors selling has this kind of rear wheel
1720641264041.png

Why is the axle protruding? It looks like some kind of extension, because the axle as shown on the first image is not that long? Is this extension for putting on the weights and can it be removed?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Another question about wheels on this model. Most of them I saw with this kind of rear wheel.

View attachment 132479

However one of the tractors selling has this kind of rear wheel
View attachment 132480

Why is the axle protruding? It looks like some kind of extension, because the axle as shown on the first image is not that long? Is this extension for putting on the weights and can it be removed?
The KubotaUSA site shows the two-piece wheel for ag tire and a solid wheel for turf and industrial tires, but doesn't show the extension part. Setup for dual wheels, maybe?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The KubotaUSA site shows the two-piece wheel for ag tire and a solid wheel for turf and industrial tires, but doesn't show the extension part. Setup for dual wheels, maybe?
Looks like a setup for dual wheels to me - that's what my brother in law's machine looks like and he often runs duals.

An HST does lose a little power. But it's way, way more convenient. Most of these small tractors run out of traction way before they run out of power, so you're unlikely to notice the power loss. You'll definitely notice the difference in usability.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
So, that second photo looks like some older tractors that had the axle extend past the hub to allow you to adjust the width of the rear tires. The top photo, you adjust the width of the tires by changing the bolts on the rim and swapping the inner rims.

Second photo there is most likely a bolt on the inside of those wheels that lock the tire in place (guessing here based on old tractors). Those tire are kind of like R4/industrial tire that we have. They usually don't have adjustable rims until you get up into higher priced tractors. They wear slowly and are made for the street or hard surfaces.

Hydrostatic drives (HST), you do loss a couple of Horse Power (HP) to run the machine - the easy solution to that is to buy more HP than you need. I like HST because they somewhat idiot proof (protects) the transmission from damage. If you try to ask it to do too much work, it simply goes into bypass mode. They normally don't wear down the clutch like manual transmissions (are you able to replace a clutch?)

HST are easier to maneuver in tight places where you might be going back and forth (using a loader, which you are not talking about).

What are your plans for using the tractor? Actual farming? Manual shines there...

Last edited:

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Will ask the owner. You might be right. This tractor only has 85 working hours yet the tires seem worn out. And the tractor has both front and wheel weights. It sounds like they might have been hauling some heavy load maybe uphill on paved road ( they are selling heavy load trailer with it) and had traction problems. So if weights haven`t completely solved the problem, dual wheels might have.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Looks like a setup for dual wheels to me - that's what my brother in law's machine looks like and he often runs duals.

An HST does lose a little power. But it's way, way more convenient. Most of these small tractors run out of traction way before they run out of power, so you're unlikely to notice the power loss. You'll definitely notice the difference in usability.
I get what you are saying, but at the moment I have 19HP Kubota B1402 and I do notice power loss on PTO when using mulcher. This tractor is fully mechanical so the problem is not HST put low HP, and thats one of the reasons why I am getting stronger tractor. So I would have 32-19=13 extra HP which I wouldn`t want to lose part of due to HST.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
So, that second photo looks like some older tractors that had the axle extend past the hub to allow you to adjust the width of the rear tires. The top photo, you adjust the width of the tires by changing the bolts on the rim and swapping the inner rims.

Second photo there is most likely a bolt on the inside of those wheels that lock the tire in place (guessing here based on old tractors). Those tire are kind of like R4/industrial tire that we have. They usually don't have adjustable rims until you get up into higher priced tractors. They wear slowly and are made for the street or hard surfaces.

Hydrostatic drives (HST), you do loss a couple of Horse Power (HP) to run the machine - the easy solution to that is to buy more HP than you need. I like HST because they somewhat idiot proof (protects) the transmission from damage. If you try to ask it to do too much work, it simply goes into bypass mode. They normally don't wear down the clutch like manual transmissions (are you able to replace a clutch?)

HST are easier to maneuver in tight places where you might be going back and forth (using a loader, which you are not talking about).

What are your plans for using the tractor? Actual farming? Manual shines there...
Thanks for the explanation. As I mentioned, I have old 1986. Kubota B1402 and that one has the axle system like you describe. Axle extends past the hub and you can adjust the width. With L3200 I think it must be some sort of extension on axles. Hopefully it can be removed easily. Yes, they sell 3 kinds of wheels/tires. Turf, industrial and agri. On some tractors it looks like they combine. One one of them front wheels look like industrial and rear are agri. I plan to use L3200 for small garden work, plowing, tilling, grass cutting with rotary mulcher, some winch timber skidding, trailer hauling the firewood.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hello all, I have found a new deal on Kubota L3200. Tractor is from 2013. but has only 80 working hours it is like new. It has not worked for the last 7 years. But it starts and works great. If I buy it I would replace all the oil and filters of course. Anyway, in package with Tractor there is hydraulic trailer for heavy load ( 2,5 tons), subsoiler plough and original full set of front weights together with back wheel weights. Tractor comes with Industrial wheels and tires. Entire package goes for 21 000 $. Do you consider it a good deal? Attached find type of trailer and plough that come with it.

Attachments