Kubota l2800 hst filter leaking

dayton kubota

Equipment
Kubota l2800
Aug 17, 2024
I have a kubota l2800 hst. The hst filter keeps blowing seal out. I bought a new filter mount and put it on. It ran good for 20 minutes and blew seal out again. I've searched the web trying to find same problem but no luck. Hopefully someone here will know. Thanks for any help.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Been on these forums for 20 years, have not heard of this before... Is your L2800 early model? 2004 until 2007 or is it the later models that have "Extra Power" decal on the side of the hood? (after 2007...)

Only thing I can think of, look for the breather tube under the seat - see if it's clogged. Might be heating up and extra air pressure can not escape....

Under the seat... only photo I have is without the seat attached.... The question mark, rubber tube thing...

Attachments

Last edited:

dayton kubota

Equipment
Kubota l2800
Aug 17, 2024
Been on these forums for 20 years, have not heard of this before... Is your L2800 early model? 2004 until 2007 or is it the later models that have "Extra Power" decal on the side of the hood? (after 2007...)

Only thing I can think of, look for the breather tube under the seat - see if it's clogged. Might be heating up and extra air pressure can not escape....
Not sure of the year. It does have the extra power on hood. I will look at tube. It's really the oddest thing.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Another thing is to check to make sure you don't have left over rubber gaskets or magnetic rings stuck on the machine when you swap filters. Make sure your gasket mount surface is clean and damage free ie no scratches, nicks, rust,...

Reactions: 1 users

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Definitely sounds like your building too much pressure. It can't escape. Point of least resistance is the filter seal

Reactions: 1 user

dayton kubota

Equipment
Kubota l2800
Aug 17, 2024
Another thing is to check to make sure you don't have left over rubber gaskets or magnetic rings stuck on the machine when you swap filters. Make sure your gasket mount surface is clean and damage free ie no scratches, nicks, rust,...
I bought a new mounting bracket from dealer because I thought it was the problem.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
How much oil is coming from the filter? Blowing the seal sounds like a lot...

If you have to unscrew the filter to check the double, rubber gaskets or magnetic rings, there is a quick trick with a shop vac sucking "air" through the fill port. When you unscrew the filter, very little oil comes out, but air will keep the oil from rushing out.

Reactions: 1 user

dayton kubota

Equipment
Kubota l2800
Aug 17, 2024
How much oil is coming from the filter? Blowing the seal sounds like a lot...

If you have to unscrew the filter to check the double, rubber gaskets or magnetic rings, there is a quick trick with a shop vac sucking "air" through the fill port. When you unscrew the filter, very little oil comes out, but air will keep the oil from rushing out.
It's definitely a lot. You can see the dead trail in field before I realized it was leaking

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I would
* Make sure you got the correct filter for that location and have tightened it correctly.
* Check charge pressure
* Remove/clean charge relief valve

Ideally, I'd check the pressure first, but it may require a special/metric/British gauge adapter. There's a WSM available that should cover your tractor, it's the Scottish version.