Kubota L1500 Rear wheel locked up

SnookieBear

Equipment
Kubota L1500
Apr 3, 2024
South Carolina
Hey I am new here. My dad has an old Kubota L1500 and I recently asked if I could fix it up and have it. I am running across a few issues fixing it up and was wondering if anybody had advice to help.

1. When I go to turn it all I hear is it click once and that's it. I hooked a multimeter up and the battery has decent voltage and is getting power. There is a starter and alternator repair shop I will likely take the starter and alternator to get it checked out and fixed.

2. We tried moving it to so I have more access to work on it easier but we discovered the left rear wheel is completely locked up. The right rear wheel is moving freely. We are going to check it out later today if the rain holds off which doesn't look like it. But when we lifted the tractor and moved the wheel by hand I can hear a clicking sound like something has it locked up but I do not know enough about this tractor to have any ideas on what it would be. Brakes? Something broke up and keeping it from moving? I'm not sure.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You'll need the WSM, AKA Service manual to help you out.
More than likely it's a brake that is stuck.
Is it a 4wd or 2wd?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Your tractor has dry outboard brakes. That is where I would check for your problem. Especially if it has been sitting for some time.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
As mentioned by North Idaho Wolfman, your tractor is a gray/grey market model, which was imported into the US against Kubota's wishes. Dealers are forbidden from supporting them, so don't go in asking for parts by that model number. But the L1500 is similar to a couple of US models shown in this thread
That's a pretty old model, but there are several people on here that can help you out (I'm not one of them), just ask away. Good luck.