Kubota F-3060 won't start

gwg55

Equipment
M9540, SVL75-2, KX057-5, F-3060, F-2560E
Feb 19, 2021
San Antonio
I picked up a F-3060 Kubota mower that wasn't running and not being used.
The owner said it started running rough and died. He opened the engine hood and found diesel fuel leaking.
Traced it to a cracked fuel return manifold line. He didn't use it much so decided to get rid of it.
When I got it, I found the return line broken and spewing diesel when the key was turned on. The engine turns over fine and everything works
as I could test without the engine running. I replaced the return manifold and some of the old rubber hoses attached to it.
Pressured it up and no leaks. Since all the lines were removed, I bleed the lines at the injectors after installing new fuel filters.
Tried to start it but no luck. Bleed it again and even removed the lined again and checked the pump output. Bled the system again and no luck.
I have tried everything I know but no luck on getting it to start. I have another of these mowers and are very familiar with them.
That is what's so frustrating. Not sure where to go from here. Spoke to the original owner and he said it was running fine before the line leak.
I am getting a steady fuel flow at the injectors when bleeding. Any help and ideas would be appreciated.
The engine only has around 300 hours on it since an overhaul. Engine is a V1305.
By the way tried a little starting fluid but no help. Engine did not like it.

Last edited:

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Fuel fresh and water free? Check intake for restrictions? If you are getting fuel up to injectors while cranking, it should start. May be time for compression test.

gwg55

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
San Antonio
Fuel fresh and water free? Check intake for restrictions? If you are getting fuel up to injectors while cranking, it should start. May be time for compression test.
Fuel is good no water. Compression test is where I was headed. Odd since it was running fine. Intake is clear. Wondering about the valves. Pulled the valve cover. No issues I could see. Might run the valve clearance to make sure. Very confusing.

gwg55

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
San Antonio
I am going buy what the seller told. You never know. Thank you