kubota engine trouble

k-kfarmer

Equipment
F2400
Jul 27, 2009
Milton Ontario
just got a lesson in not as smart as i thought i was, bought a F2400 with what looks like a kubota d1105 engine it had a bad rad so the previous owner had put water in it the dealer said the block was cracked but all i could see was a freez plug out with no sign of a/f in the oil got it home filled the engine with water to check further and the oil has turned gray do you think the block is cracked inside or head gasket or cracked head did i mention it started and ran at the dealer i know this is not an easy problem any help would be appreciated maybee i should just look for a used engine thanks Karl

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
All you can do at this point is to put dye in the radiator mechanically turn the water pump and look with a black light for evidence of efferesence from the dye in the oil. Pull the cylinder head if you don't pick up glow from a crack in the short block boss areas. Could be as simple as a warpped head or blown head gasket. Study cooling passages around the cylinders and check out the bores once the head is pulled. External cracks can be brassed up with Utectic rods, internal cracks I'd find another block, good luck and...

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Okay I will fess up to be King of the GT275s before I had a TG1860 run circles around it...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (LOL) ole Ob1 but still own the old boy...and the TG got traded in for a GR2110. Also owned T1560, T1670 and G2160 direct shoot all traded for ZDs. :D

k-kfarmer

Equipment
F2400
Jul 27, 2009
Milton Ontario
Hey guys I knew if iwas in for a penny i was in for a pound, so after a sleepless night of dreaming kubota I thought lets have a look. My first thought was we poured a lot of water in before it started to enter the crankcase so i thought the leak weas high up maybee the back of the water pump being aluminum might have split. So off with the W/P no joy but could now see the water level even with the bottom of the w/p houseing good sign as that is the height of the block. Next off with the rocker cover a little bit of water coming from the gasket as it breaks free i thought this is good then off with the cover and sure enough there they were 2 freeze plugs sitting there did there job as they were supossed to. To bad the head has to come off anyway as the thermostat housing was broke also unless there is a magic way to remove the 2 cap screws behind the water pump. Got a gasket kit top O/H @MK power products in Mississauga good service and price 136$ for the kit so things are looking up sorry to ramble will let you know when it runs. Karl

lovely09

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
manila
I'm looking forward for its soonest repair.Thanks for sharing your problem here.I got the idea if ever but hopefully not i encounter the problem.

k-kfarmer

Equipment
F2400
Jul 27, 2009
Milton Ontario
Turns out I got lucky poped in new freeze plugs put it back together and it runs like a top of course not without a 200$ lesson on how the fuel solenoid worked after reassembly it would not start the injection pump was not squirting any fuel so started checking , lots of fuel getting to pump was like it was still off check and no power to solenoid so run jumper wire still no go next thing the solenoid burnt any way to make a long story short had to take side cover off and slide shut off back with my finger install new solenoid and away we went hence the 200$ lesson on how kubota shuts off this engine thanks Karl

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys I knew if iwas in for a penny i was in for a pound, so after a sleepless night of dreaming kubota I thought lets have a look. My first thought was we poured a lot of water in before it started to enter the crankcase so i thought the leak weas high up maybee the back of the water pump being aluminum might have split. So off with the W/P no joy but could now see the water level even with the bottom of the w/p houseing good sign as that is the height of the block. Next off with the rocker cover a little bit of water coming from the gasket as it breaks free i thought this is good then off with the cover and sure enough there they were 2 freeze plugs sitting there did there job as they were supossed to. To bad the head has to come off anyway as the thermostat housing was broke also unless there is a magic way to remove the 2 cap screws behind the water pump. Got a gasket kit top O/H @MK power products in Mississauga good service and price 136$ for the kit so things are looking up sorry to ramble will let you know when it runs. Karl
Cool beans see common sense and gravity found your problem with good old H2O. Yes those dam shut off fuel solenoids are non-neutonium. Gravity sucks,, who ate Newtons' apple...... mechanics like us dude! :D your GOOD ;)