Kubota D1105 Burning Oil

ShawnM

Equipment
Toro Mower with a Kubota D1105 3 Cylinder Diesel Engine
Jun 22, 2024
Ontario
I have a zero turn mower with a Kubota D1105-T-ET01 diesel engine and 1200 hours. The mower although great to run is a rear discharge and with that I had issues with clippings clogging my rad. Had to clean the machine thoroughly after every use. When hot outside, the engine occasionally overheated and the PTO would shut off. So a few weeks ago I noticed that the machine had a very noticeable blue/grey smoke coming from the muffler. I also noticed that the machine had to be topped up with oil almost every second use. So yes, the machine is burning oil. I also had an issue with my oil pan which I needed to remove to fix. Anyways, once the pan was removed, I noticed a hole in the engine block in the first cylinder closest to the fan. The cam shaft is visible through this hole. Is this supposed to be there? Also, since I’m burning oil, what would be the best course of action. The machine actually runs and starts great, except for the smoke and burning of the oil. I will attach a photo of the hole.

Attachments