Kubota BX2380 Fuel Shutoff Valve

fransser

Jul 30, 2019
Sedgwick
I tried to start my tractor today and it wouldn't start. Just to get other things out of the way, the problem isn't electrical, fuel supply or anything like that.

The actual problem is that once the fuel shutoff solenoid releases, the assembly that is connected to the solenoid doesn't "spring" back into the open position. My neighbor has the previous model tractor (2370) and his valve assembly (which appears to be identical) does spring back to the open position. So the only thing the solenoid does is temporarily close the valve and shut off the fuel supply.

With all that said, has anyone encountered an issue like this and if so, what is the best solution to fix it. For the time being, I can manually move the valve to the open position after stopping the tractor. I have tried some cleaner and lubricant, but that hasn't seemed to help thus far.

I'd appreciated any suggestions.
Thanks

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If you don't have one, get a Workshop Manual (WSM). Throw the guy a few bucks for his efforts.

www.kubotabooks.com

Should help with diagnostics.

I think your BX2380 is very much like my BX2360, just newer.

From Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List (kubotausa.com)

Screenshot 2024-10-14 173707.png

My tractor extends the stop solenoid rod to the "run" position about 6-8 seconds after the tractor shuts down.

I'm guessing the stop solenoid is bad, or there's some interference in the linkage. Not sure which, but I'd first disconnect the linkage to make sure everything is free.

I'd run the tractor again to see if you can hear/see the solenoid attempt to extend. Probably could bench test off from 12v power.

Don't just throw parts at it. Likely a simple solution.

I had a very brief issue with my solenoid associated with the Seat Safety Switch and OPC, but I'd consult the WSM first......

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user