Kubota BT602 Backhoe

Ronnie young

Equipment
Kubota B1550
May 17, 2024
Texas
I have a chance to buy a Kubota BT602 Backhoe attachment. I have a kubota B1550 tractor which many of you have helped me get it running and it is running great THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. My concern is physical size and if the tractor has enough gpm. Not to concerned about mounting as I can modify if needed. havent seen it in person just pics. just not sure of physical size with my tractor and gpm

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I have the BX25D, which is (I believe) the BX2370 with the BT602 backhoe.

I have 23 HP compared to your 17. That's a pretty significant difference. You're right at 75% of the engine power.

My hydraulic specs are:
Type: open center
Capacity: 3.1 gal
Pump flow: 6.2 gpm

If you are much less than that, I'd think long and hard about spending that money.

The other concern is the mounting points. I have no idea what you have, but mine are pretty beefy. It's not a 3PH mount. It's right to the frame.

Plumbing might take some work, but that's probably a lot easier than the mounting points.

All that said, I sure love my little backhoe. I have done a ton of work with it. It's much more than paid for itself. It's no professional backhoe, but it gets a lot done.

For example, I was digging a trench and hit the root of an old sycamore I had cut down. I ground the stump just below the surface a few years before digging the trench, but that root just laughed at my BX backhoe. I could barely wiggle it.

I knew i had several more stumps to go through on that trench, so I rented a John Deer 310. It was the backhoe's turn to laugh. It ripped that sycamore out of there in maybe 10 minutes. I had so much fun I went after another stump across the yard. Both of these sycamores were better than 36" at the cut.

The BX simply would never have been able to get them out.

Reactions: 1 user