Kubota B7100

rrawhide

Equipment
L245DT
Apr 15, 2010
springville, ca
Brother-in-law has an older B7100 that has been sitting outside for awhile. The shifter boot is gone and we have had lots of rain this spring. He checked the trans level and the fluid comes up milky. He bought new Kubota UDT to put in but should he drain all the old fluid and try to purge the lines or just drain and add the UDT? Will the UDT mix (and play well) with the other trans fluid that remains in the lines?

Thanx for your assistance

rrawhide for David

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Tough call. The biggest prob in this senario is the water. The other fluid could possibly mix ok but the moisture is the thing to pay attention to.

A couple things come to mind. The first is to use the cheapest UDT a person can find as a flushing agent and put it in, run it then drain and fill with the Kubota UDT. Hopefully one time would get most everything out.

The other thing would be drain and fill with the Kubota UDT and observe over a week or more if the moisture is present or detectable. If the presence is light then more time could be given and maybe do a second flush at the end of the season or just run it.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm with Aquaforce on this one, flush the system with a cheap UDT like the Wal-mart flavor and get the water out of the system and then fill up with the good stuff later.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree as well. I wouldn't chance running it with water left in the system. I would have to flush the system out at least one time but I wouldn't just rule out a second if it needs it.

A little extra money spent on oil will be a lot cheaper than having to fix what the water may damage if you don't get it out.

dem45133

Mar 21, 2010
Hillsboro, OH
What kind of damage would one expect from the moisture? Any particular item (valve, regulator, pump, motor etc...) that it would tend to hurt more than another? The guys working on my B6100 HST reported some water but not a lot.

We do not know how long this tractor sat around before I bought it. If the 1200 hours is correct and the HST has had its problems for a while... could have been a while.

Thanks,
Dave

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
What kind of damage would one expect from the moisture?
Dave

Depends on how much and how long. In a case of a little, the rust inhibitors of Kubota UDT can prevent the corrosive progress and no problems exist.
Leveling up, only after a teardown one might find a rust line etched into some metal that never releases particles and doesn't cause any damage other than evidence of the moisture.
Worse still, exposed rust can come loos from the parent metal and go through other componenets causing scoring, pitting or premature long term failure of an item.
The most sensative parts would be the hyd pump and valves, but water has to be sitting in them in a fair quantity to get damaged or rusted up.

Most of the time when water enters into the gear case there are at least three low points, the drain plug and both rear axle housing drains, where small amounts would normally deposit and not harm anything. Since water is more dense than oil it will of course seek the bottom so long term sitting even with some amount of water can be easily purged by opening the drains and letting the water off FIRST so that it is not mixed up by movement or use.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: